You are going to love this incredible Gluten Free Teriyaki Sauce! It’s quick to make in under 10 minutes, gluten-free, and paleo-friendly. The taste is a perfect blend of sweet and salty flavors. This is sure to become your go-to sauce for stir-fries, chicken, and rice bowls.
- 1/2 cup tamari or coconut aminos
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or mirin
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Add all of the sauce ingredients to a medium saucepan and use a metal whisk to combine. You want to mix everything together until it forms a smooth, brown mixture. Bring the pot with the sauce in it to a boil on the stovetop then reduce the heat to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk the sauce as it simmers, this will help thicken it. Once the sauce looks thicker, remove it from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Then you can use it right away or store it for up to 4 weeks in the refrigerator.
- To make this teriyaki sauce paleo, you can use arrowroot powder in place of the cornstarch and pineapple juice or coconut sugar in place of the maple syrup.
- Leftover sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks. You can also portion the sauce in an ice cube tray and freeze it for up to 2 months. When ready to use, simply remove it from the freezer, pop portions out of the ice cube tray, and into a pan to heat it up.
- Prep Time: 2 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Category: Dressings and Sauces
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: Gluten free teriyaki sauce, teriyaki sauce, sauce, gluten free, homemade