Fudgy sweet potato brownies are so simple and easy to make. These are dark chocolate brownies that have a nice sweet, rich flavor that you are going to love! Gluten free, paleo, vegan brownies recipe.
- 3/4 cup cooked mashed sweet potato
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray to prevent the brownies from sticking to the pan as they bake. Set aside.
- Add the mashed sweet potato, almond butter, coconut sugar, and vanilla to a medium size mixing bowl . Mix to combine it all together.
- Add the cocoa powder, almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt to a separate bowl and mix to combine. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix well to form a thick, fudgy batter.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the 8×8 baking pan lined with parchment paper. Spread the batter out evenly in the pan using your hands to help spread it out. You can also use a rubber spatula to do this.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove and let cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
- You can use mashed sweet potato or pumpkin in this recipe. Just make sure to mash the sweet potato up really well so you don’t have big chunks of it in the batter.
- Use a nice drippy, creamy almond butter, peanut butter, or sun butter in this recipe.
- You can swap the almond flour and coconut flour with whatever gluten-free flour blend you typically use. If using a gluten-free all-purpose flour blend then measure it out to 1/3 cup and leave out the almond and coconut flour in this recipe
- Spread the brownie batter in the pan by using your hands to press it into the edges of the pan. Since this brownie batter is thick, it is much easier to use your hands and it’s so fun!
- Let the brownies cool for at least 30 minutes after cooking since they will continue to cook and set up after baking. This will make it easier to slice and eat them.
- After the brownies are done baking, press a few more chocolate chips into the top of the brownies along with a sprinkle of sea salt for that bakery-style look and taste.
- Store these brownies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 35
- Category: Healthy Desserts
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sweet potato brownies, vegan sweet potato brownies, paleo, gluten free