These insanely chocolatey Dark Chocolate Sweet Potato brownies are so moist and fudgy and just the perfect healthy little treat. These brownies are made with mashed sweet potato, cocoa powder, almond flour, coconut flour and a little coconut sugar for sweetness. Add in dark chocolate chips and they are just heavenly. Gluten free, refined sugar free and a healthy brownie you can eat almost everyday!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray to prevent the brownies from sticking to the pan as they bake. Set aside.
- Add the mashed sweet potato, almond butter, coconut sugar and vanilla to a medium size mixing bowl . Mix to combine it all together.
- Add the cocoa powder, almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and salt to a separate bowl and mix to combine.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix well to form a thick, fudgy batter.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the 8×8 baking pan lined with parchment paper. Spread the batter out evenly in the pan using your hands to help spread it out. You can also use a rubber spatula to do this.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove and let cool for at least 30 minute before slicing and serving.
- You can used mashed sweet potato or pumpkin in this recipe. Just make sure to mash the sweet potato up really well so you don’t have big chunks of it in the batter.
- Use a nice drippy, creamy almond butter, peanut butter or sunbutter in this recipe.
- You can swap the almond flour and coconut flour with whatever gluten free flour blend you typically use. If using a gluten free all purpose flour blend then measure it out to 1/3 cup and leave out the almond and coconut flour in this recipe.
- This recipe is already both vegan and gluten free as well as paleo-friendly!
- Spread the brownie batter in the pan by using your hands to press it into the edges of the pan. Since this brownie batter is thick, it is much easier to use your hands and it’s so fun!
- Let the brownies cool for at least 30 minutes after cooking since they will continue to cook and setup after baking. This will make it easier to slice and eat them.
- After the brownies are done baking, press a few more chocolate chips into the top of the brownies along with a sprinkle of sea salt for that bakery-style look and taste.
- Store these brownies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days!
- Category: Healthy Desserts
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: paleo, vegan, healthy, chocolate, sugar, flour, avocado, gluten free, sweet potato