- Prepare the sweet potatoes – wash and dry the sweet potatoes, then use a vegetable peeler to peel them, discard the skin. Cut the potatoes into cylinders then into 1/2-3/4 inch even sized cubes.
- Season – place the cubed sweet potatoes into a medium size mixing bowl and drizzle them with olive oil. In a smaller bowl mix the paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper together and sprinkle the seasoning over the potatoes. Toss to coat them really well in the oil and seasoning.
- Air fry – preheat the air fryer to 400°F. If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheat setting then set it to cook with an empty basket for 2-3 minutes before adding the sweet potatoes. Once it is preheated spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray and place the sweet potatoes into the air fryer basket in an even layer. Give the basket a shake to even them out then cook them for 14-17 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking time. Note: Do this in batches if you are working with a smaller air fryer.
- Serve – once the potatoes are done cooking, let them rest in the air fryer with the heat off for 3-5 minutes. This will allow them to crisp up even more. Then serve them warm and enjoy!
- You will need 2-3 medium size sweet potatoes that are even in size to ensure you get uniform sweet potato cubes. About 3.5 cups of peeled and chopped sweet potatoes.
- Seasons the potatoes really well for the best flavor.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Easily reheat in the air fryer until warmed through or in the microwave.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Easy Side Dishes
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American