These easy homemade mini bagels are wonderfully light and fluffy bagels that your whole family will love! This is a no-yeast bagel recipe that has only 5 ingredients and cooks in about 12 minutes perfectly in the air fryer or the oven. Plus, this recipe is also gluten-free!
- 1 cup gluten-free 1:1 flour – like King Aruthur’s
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Everything bagel seasoning
- Olive oil spray, egg white, or water – for coating the bagels so the seasoning sticks to them
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the flour with the baking powder and salt to make the gluten-free self-rising flour. Then add in the yogurt and mix well ( I like to use a fork) until a thick, slightly wet, chunky dough forms. Add a sprinkle of flour to your hands and the dough and mix and knead it in the bowl until a smooth, dough ball forms. This takes about 1 minute or less.
- Turn the bagel dough out onto a well-floured surface and knead it with your hands for another minute. Then use a rounded tablespoon or spoon to scoop about 1 heaping tablespoon ( about 1 ounce) of the dough into your hands and roll it into a ball and place it onto a clean plate. Continue until you have rolled all of the dough. This recipe makes 12-13 mini bagels.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- While the air fryer is preheating, spray or lightly brush the bagel balls with olive oil spray (you can also use egg white or water), then add everything bagel seasoning to a shallow bowl and roll each dough ball in the seasoning. You can also just sprinkle a little bit of seasoning onto each bagel if you prefer to use less.
- Spray the air fryer basket with olive oil spray (non-aerosol), then place the bagels into the air fryer basket in a single layer, with none of them touching. You want them to be about 1 inch apart since they will expand a bit as they cook. You may need to do this in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Cook the mini bagels for 10-12 minutes. After 10 minutes, check one of them by pulling it apart (be careful they will be hot!). If the inside is still doughy then cook them for 1-2 more minutes. Then remove them from the air fryer, place them back onto a plate, and let them cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve with butter or cream cheese and enjoy!
- Make sure to use my method for making the self-rising flour or the bagels will come out too dense.
- You can use regular flour or gluten-free 1:1 flour in this recipe.
- Make sure to roll the dough into even size balls that are no larger than a golf ball or the bagels will take too long to cook and become darker on the outside and doughy on the inside.
- You can store these mini bagels, after they have cooled, in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. If they seem dry, then wrap them in a paper towel and microwave for about 8 seconds on high.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Air Fryer Recipes
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mini bagels, bagels, homemade mini bagels, air fryer mini bagels, air fryer