These ground chicken meatballs are juicy and packed with so much flavor. They cook in the air fryer in under 10 minutes for a quick and easy weeknight protein the whole family will love!
- Add all meatball ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix well with your hands.
- Roll the meatball mixture into 1 tablespoon-sized balls and place them onto a lined baking sheet or clean plate. This recipe makes 12-15 meatballs.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400° F. Place a liner inside the air fryer basket for easier clean-up and spray the liner with cooking spray if using a parchment liner. Place the meatballs in a single layer into the air fryer basket.
- Close the basket and cook the meatballs for 7-9 minutes, shaking them halfway through the cooking time. Continue cooking until you have cooked all of the meatballs.
- Remove the meatballs from the air fryer and let them cool, serve warm with your favorite sauce if desired.
- Use the highest quality chicken you can afford. I used organic, pasture-raised ground chicken.
- These meatballs come out perfectly cooked in 7 minutes if you measure and roll the meatball mixture into 1 tablespoon size meatballs. Although, air fryer cooking times may vary.
- Place the meatballs into the air fryer basket in a single layer so they do not stick together and they cook evenly on all sides.
- Make these meatballs dairy-free by using dairy-free parmesan cheese.
- To make these chicken meatballs in the oven, place them onto a lined baking sheet and cook them at 400°F for 20-25 minutes.
- Let them cool for a few minutes before serving since they will continue to cook a little bit more while cooling.
- Mix up a yummy sauce to top the meatballs. I mixed up 1/4 cup ketchup + 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce + 1 teaspoon maple syrup.
- For easier cleanup use an air fryer parchment liner or you can just spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. I like to also spray the liner so that the meatballs do not stick to it.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat portions in the air fryer at 350°F or in the microwave until warmed through.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Category: Healthy Main Dishes
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American