Hearty, full of flavor, moist and tender and OMG delicious! Not words you typically associate to cauliflower but this recipe will change your view of this cruciferous vegetable FOREVER!
Amazingly surprising, Whole Roasted Cauliflower. Who knew? I don’t know about you, but I never really got into the cauliflower craze with the cauliflower rice, pizza curst, rolls, tortillas, mash, everything turned low-carb using cauliflower in place of regular flour or potatoes. I get it, great idea, but what if you cannot stand cauliflower? Then none of those low-carb options work for you! I thought I could not eat cauliflower, that it smelled funny when cooked and hurt my stomach EVERY TIME I attempted to eat it. Well, I was wrong. The problem was that I was just cooking it wrong. After making this recipe it made me realize that I actually DO like cauliflower and it actually IS GOOD for me and does not hurt my stomach. When…cooked the right way for me! Who knew?
So here it is! The recipe that turned me into a cauliflower loving, low-carb option sharing girl!
First, I made my spice rub. Yes, not for meat but for my whole head of cauliflower. I used tahini (my new fave) as my base and added some incredible spices that I use often to season my food. Here I used garlic powder, chili powder, cumin and a Moroccan spice blend that is incredible but you can sub that in for garam masala and paprika and that would work just as well.
I combined the spices with the tahini and some water and a tablespoon of olive oil to thin it out and wallah, it was perfection in a rub.
Then I went to work, rubbing the whole cauliflower with this incredible blend. It was so much fun getting in there and rubbing the cauliflower. I love to get my hands dirty in the kitchen. It makes me feel like something incredible is coming.
I know it doesn’t look pretty but once it cooks and gets all caramelized on the outside and tender on the inside, it is pure heaven.
Then I just roasted it in the oven on a baking sheet at 375 degrees for a little over an hour and when it came out it was A-MAZING!
I still cannot believe it was cauliflower!
Look at that! YUM!!! I made this over the holiday’s and my family is still taking about it so I knew it was a WINNER!
- 1 head of Cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon moroccan spice blend or you can substitute a combo of 1/2 tbsp paprika and 1/2 tbsp garam masala.
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Slice the bottom off the head of cauliflower so it sits flat.
- Add the spices, tahini, olive oil, salt and pepper to a mixing bowl and mix to combine all of their wondrous flavors together.
- Pour the tahini spice run onto the cauliflower and rub it all over, making sure you get inside of all of the nooks and crannies.
- Place the cauliflower on the baking sheet and cook on the middle rack in your oven for 65 minutes, until you can smell the incredible aroma.
- Remove it from the oven, let it sit for five minutes and slice. Enjoy!