Perfectly sautéed peppers, onions and zucchini mixed with shredded hash browns topped with protein packed eggs and cheddar cheese baked to fluffy perfection and topped with fresh chives. A breakfast fit for a hungry family or house full of guests. Perfect for brunch! Vegetarian and Gluten-Free!
Looking for an easy crowd pleasing breakfast recipe? Look no further! This super easy Veggie Egg Bake with Hash Browns is super simple to make, comes together in only a few steps and is filling, healthy and DELICIOUS! My kids ate this like it was their job and it is full of veggies and protein so I was one happy mommy. This recipe would be prefect for brunch or even for a hearty holiday breakfast that you can whip together before the kids tear into their candy.
Ingredients I used in this Easy Veggie Egg Bake
- Bell peppers
- Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
Things I love About This Dish
- Easy to make!
- All of the veggies!
- High protein
- Crowd pleaser
How To Make This Very Easy Veggie Egg Bake with Hash Brown’s
Sauté the veggies: Just add the diced veggies to a pan with some olive oil and cook until tender and translucent, about 3-5 minutes.
Whisk up the eggs: Whisk the eggs with some milk, salt and pepper and toss in the cheddar cheese and stir.
Assemble: Add the cooked veggies and hash browns to a 9×13 pan and pour on the egg and cheese mixture.
Bake: Bake the casserole at 375 degree F for 35 minutes.
It’s an incredible dish and I still cannot believe how simple it was to make.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium zucchini diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 yellow onion diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 clove of garlic minced (1 tablespoon)
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 1/2 cups shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 tablespoon freshly chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Heat up a pan on the stove top with 1 tablespoon olive oil and add the 1 cup bell pepper, 1 cup zucchini, 1/2 cup yellow onion and 1 tablespoon minced garlic to the pan and sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl and whisk well. Pour in the milk and salt and pepper and whisk. Add in 2 tablespoons of chives and the 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese to the eggs and stir.
- Add the hash browns to the veggies and stir to combine, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour into the 9x13 pan and spread out evenly.
- Top with the egg and cheese mixture and spread everything out evenly in the pan.
- Bake in the 375 degree F oven for 35 minutes, until the top is nice and golden brown and an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Remove, let cool for a few minutes. Slice and serve.
- This egg bake stores great covered in the fridge for up to 3 days. Serve warm topped with fresh chives.
You can switch up the veggies and use mushrooms, tomatoes or even broccoli.
This also works with shredded mozzarella cheese.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 205mg Sodium: 378mg Carbohydrates: 11g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Protein: 12g