These are the Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies you will every try! Perfectly chocolatey, chewy & soft, and so easy to make. Only a few simple ingredients like almond flour, oats, coconut oil, pumpkin puree, and chocolate chips. A gluten free super simple cookie recipe your whole family will love.
- 1 1/2 cups Blanched Almond Flour (I used Bob’S Red Mill)
- 1 1/2 cups oats (or oat flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (plus more for topping)
- Make the oat flour: Add the oats to a food processor or blender and pulse a few times until it forms into a flour-like consistency. Measure again and make sure it yields 1 1/2 cups. If not, then add a little bit more oats to the food processor and pulse again to make some more to bring it to 1 1/2 cups of oat flour. You can also buy pre-made oat flour at most grocery stores but I like to make my own).
- Add the dry ingredients to a medium size mixing bowl and mix well to fully combine.
- In a separate medium size mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix fully into a wet, chunky batter
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Cover and chill the dough for 10 minutes.
- While the dough is chilling, preheat the oven to 350F degrees and line a baking sheet or cookie sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and use a medium size ice cream scoop, round tablespoon, or spoon to drop even amounts of the cookie dough onto the baking sheet. Make sure the cookies are 2 inches apart from one another. I was able to fit 12 cookies on a standard size pan. You can press the cookies down with a spoon but I prefer to just drop them onto the cookie sheet and let them bake that way.
- Place the cookies into the preheated oven on the middle rack and bake for 12-15 minutes until the edges are nice and golden brown.
- Remove, and press a few more chocolate chips into the top of each cookie with a light sprinkle of sea salt to give them that bakery-style look.
- Let the cookies cool on the pan for at least 5 minutes, then you can carefully transfer them to a cooling rack and let them cool for 10 more minutes until you dig in.
- Category: Healthy Desserts
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American