Waffles anyone? Don’t you just love a cozy Sunday breakfast? Especially one that you can pull together with pantry ingredients and feel good about feeding your family. This recipe came together so quickly. I was really craving waffles but healthier and with more protein and I thought, what about combining some gluten-free oat flour with pumpkin and blueberries? Several attempts later I landed on this perfect version. Topped them with fresh blueberries and warm maple syrup and I was in COZY SUNDAY heaven.
The COZY SUNDAY EFFECT!
What we eat impacts our health and the way we feel which is the most important so we can enjoy every moment to its fullest. Reducing stress is also one of the keys to staying healthy. Taking a breather from the crazy day-to-day hustle and bustle life throws at us is key. That is why on Sundays, I make it a point to instill the “COZY SUNDAY EFFECT” on my family. We sleep late, watch TV, usually the Food Network or Moanna these days in bed TOGETHER. Then we lounge around and read books and play games all day in our pajamas until there is a reason to get dressed in our day clothes as we say. And don’t forget eating yummy comfort foods that bring out the “COZY SUNDAY EFFECT” even more and these waffles could not be more perfect to do just that!
Yum! Give me some!
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup almond or coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- Heat up a waffle iron and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients except the blueberries into a high speed blender and blend until smooth like a pancake batter. Fold in the blueberries.
- Add half of the batter to the waffle iron in the center and close the lid and cook per your waffle iron's directions.
- Once done, remove the waffle and add in the reaming batter and repeat.
- Top with more fresh blueberries and maple syrup or any of your favorite waffle toppings and ENJOY!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 300mg Carbohydrates: 31g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 7g Protein: 5g