Whole seasoned crispy chickpeas tossed with spicy taco seasoning and pan-roasted in olive oil to crispy perfection. A great nutritious snack or topping for a salad. Only three ingredients and ready in less than 15 minutes!
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas (drained and rinsed well)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2–3 tablespoons store-bought taco seasoning
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and place them into a medium-size mixing bowl. Drizzle the chickpeas with some olive oil and add in the taco seasoning. Toss the chickpeas in the seasoning to thoroughly coat them.
- Heat a medium-size skillet to medium-high heat on the stovetop with one tablespoon of olive oil. Once the oil is heated, pour the seasoned chickpeas into the pan and toss to coat them in the oil.
- Cook the chickpeas for 7-9 minutes, tossing them gently to get all sides nice and crispy. Remove from the pan, pour them into a bowl, and serve warm as a snack or addition to salads.
- Remove from the pan, pour them into a bowl, and serve warm as a snack or addition to salads.
- You can mix up the seasoning with any seasoning you have on hand like garlic powder, chili powder or cumin.
- You can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheat them in a pan when ready to eat but they are best if eaten right away.
To cook chickpeas in the air fryer:
- Heat the air fryer to 390 degrees F.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas (15oz can)
- Toss the chickpeas in 1 tablespoon olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon chili powder, and 1 teaspoon ground cumin.
- Drop the chickpeas into the air fryer basket and cook for 12-15 minutes, shaking halfway through the cooking time.
- Remove and enjoy nice and warm and super crispy.
- Category: Healthy Snacks
- Method: Toasted
- Cuisine: American