These Baked Cauliflower Wings are so good! They are crispy on the outside, soft on the inside and packed full of sweet and spicy flavors that will surely impress even meat lovers on Game Day!
Cauliflower Wings are becoming more and more popular and you can even find them on the menus of some of your favorite restaurants. Times are a changing, lol! I had to come up with my own version of course and it took me a few tries but I believe I succeeded.
You can use a very similar technique that you would use to make chicken wings, with a few little tweaks of course. Don’t worry I have done all of the recipe testing for you so you can now enjoy these delicious vegetarian wings today!
Serve this at your Super Bowl party and everyone will be cheering, not for the game but for these incredible wings! Trust me. Everyone that has tried them so far has been extremely surprised and impressed. More importantly, the reaction I get from my recipes is always the best part, especially when I tell people the recipe is Vegetarian, gluten-free or sometimes Vegan.
What ingredients do you need to make baked cauliflower wings?
A few simple ingredients:
- Soy sauce
- Olive oil
- Chili powder
- Seseme seeds
How to make these sweet and spicy baked cauliflower wings
- Cut the cauliflower into florets (aka the wings)
- Dredge them in the batter and then in the breadcrumb mixture
- Bake them up!
- Add the sauce
- Bake a little more and wallah! Sweet and spicy cauliflower wings!
So crispy and so delicious!
These baked cauliflower wings are really a make and eat right away kind of recipe but you will want to eat them all once you make them anyway! At least my husband and I do.
- 1 large head of Cauliflower, chopped into florets, wing size
For the batter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour1/2 cup milk or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder1 cup panko breadcrumbs or gluten free breadcrumbs
For the sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 3 chopped scallions for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450F degrees and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Setup your dredging station with 2 medium - size shallow bowls (I like to use pie pans)
- Place the batter ingredients (except the breadcrumbs) in one of the bowls and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Place the breadcrumbs in the another shallow bowl.
- Dip each piece of cauliflower into the batter and then the breadcrumbs to coat completely. Place each piece onto the baking sheet. Continue until you have made all of your wings.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, until they are nice and crispy.
- While the wings are cooking, make your sauce. Place all of the sauce ingredients into a small bowl and whisk. Set aside.
- Once the wings are finished, remove them from the oven, place them in a large bowl, add the sauce and toss to coat. Place the wings back on the baking sheet and bake for 5-8 more minutes in the oven. This will make them extra crispy.
- Remove from the oven, place on a platter and top with the chopped scallions. Enjoy!
These are best if serve warm and straight out of the oven for that extra crispy texture.
You can easily make these vegan but using almond milk.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 236 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 3mg Sodium: 700mg Carbohydrates: 46g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 10g Protein: 10g