Instant pot hard-boiled eggs filled with sweet spring peas mixed with mint, lemon, mayo, and Dijon pureed into the perfect filling for these Easy Spring Pea Deviled Eggs. Very simple with a burst of spring flavors. The perfect recipe for holidays and parties!!!
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup frozen peas (cooked according to the package)
- 2 tbsps mayo
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp chopped mint
- 1 tbsp fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 radishes (minced)
Cook the eggs
- Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of the Instant Pot and place the steaming trivet on the bottom. Place the 6 large eggs on top of the steaming trivet and secure the lid. Set the Instant pot to the "egg" setting and let the instant pot do the work. It takes about 5 minutes. Then the steam should release all on its own. If the steam does not release then you can manually release it using a wooden spoon or towel but be careful since the steam comes out quick and it's very hot.
- Once the steam is fully released, then carefully remove the lid and take the eggs out of the Instant Pot. They will be very hot so I suggest using tongs to remove them. Place the eggs in some very cold water or ice water for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, take the eggs out of the water and place them on a clean kitchen towel to dry for a minute.
- To peel the eggs, lightly crack each and then easily peel the shell away. Set aside until you have peeled all of the eggs.
Prep the eggs for the filling
- Carefully slice each hardboiled egg lengthwise and remove the egg yolk using a small spoon. Place the cooked yolks into the bowl of a food processor. Set the clean egg halves aside. I put mine onto the serving platter so I could arrange them and fill them easily.
Make the filling
- Place the cooked egg yolks, 1/2 cup cooked peas, 2 tablespoons mayo, 1 tablespoon dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon chopped mint, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, and pepper into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until fully combined into a creamy mixture.
Fill the eggs
- Using a spoon carefully fill each egg half with the pea filling and top with some of the minced radishes. Place on a serving platter and ENJOY!
If you don’t have an Instant Pot than you can cook the eggs on the stove top. Just place the eggs into a medium size pan and fill it with water so the eggs are fully covered. Cover and bring to a boil, keep covered and remove from the heat and let them sit for 12 minutes. Drain and rinse the eggs in cold water. Let them sit for a few minutes before peeling.
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: American