This Spinach Arugula Salad with Roasted Vegetables is easy to make, packed full of nutrient-rich veggies, avocado and an incredible lemon pesto dressing that you have to try! Vegetarian and meal-prep friendly!
Winter is in full swing and I have had the stomach bug twice already. Uggg! Momlife. I am in need of a bowl full of nutrients and this Spinach Arugula Salad with Roasted Vegetables is just in time. Add in some tangy, herby Lemon Pesto Dressing and I will be back on my feet running in no time. I am not a fan of taking anything when I am sick. I prefer to feed my sickness, whatever it may be with vitamins right from the main source; VEGGIES!
Nothing like a salad like this to kick a stomach bug right out of you. I KNOW, I KNOW, how can you eat when you are sick? It’s tough and for the first few days of the stomach bug it’s more like crackers and dry toast but then I can usually add in a few bites of veggies and greens since I know it will put me on the mend much faster. Plus lots of water and rest.
I am kind of an expert since I always get the stomach bug at least twice every winter about 2-3 weeks apart. My kids and husband rarely get it. Just me. Of course the person that runs the house and does all of the things is the one that get’s sick. Oh and when I am sick, I still have to run the house and do ALL of the things. So fair, unfair.
This salad has loads of nutrients
- Vitamin C – the main thing we need to recover from any sickness
- Vitamins A and K
The list goes on and on and on. So as you can see this salad has the POWER to get you back in the game and in tip top condition. Also my Detox Power Salad is also full of immune boosting ingredients to knock your system into full gear.
Steps to make this very easy and good for you Spinach Arugula Salad with Roasted vegetables
- Roast the vegetables – Chop, season, roast in a 425 degree F oven for 25 minutes. DONE!
- Slice the tomatoes and avocado
- Make the lemon pesto dressing – blend basil, garlic, pistachios, parmesan, lemon juice, salt and pepper and olive oil. Easy, EASY. If you are not a fan of lemon pesto this Avocado Ranch Dressing is legit!
- Pile the Spinach and arugula into a large salad bowl, top with the sliced tomatoes, avocado, pumpkin seeds and roasted vegetables and drizzle on the dressing. YUMMMMYYYY!
For the salad
- 2 cup fresh spinach
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 2 cups diced baby potatoes
- 4 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup salted pumpkin seeds
For the Lemon Pesto Dressing
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios or any nut you have
- the juice and zest of 2 large lemons
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Roast the vegetables
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray
- Toss the potatoes and carrots into a large mixing bowl and drizzle with the olive oil, salt and pepper, toss
- Bake in the oven on the middle rack for 25 minutes, turning halfway. Remove and set aside to cool for a few minutes.
Prep the greens
- Place the spinach and arugula into a large salad bowl and toss
Make the lemon pesto dressing
- Place all ingredients except the olive oil into a food processor, pulse while streaming in the olive oil. Add a little water or more lemon juice if it's too thick.
Build the salad
- Lay the diced cherry tomatoes, sliced avocado, pumpkin seeds and roasted veggies on top of the greens.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad, toss, serve and ENJOY!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 443 Total Fat: 29g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 22g Cholesterol: 5mg Sodium: 411mg Carbohydrates: 41g Fiber: 8g Sugar: 13g Protein: 11g