Decadent and creamy little packages of goodness! These stuffed mini peppers are sure to be a hit at your next party or family gathering.
These Spinach and Artichoke Bites are the perfect snack to get you started on your new year, new you attitude as we embark on starting new healthy habits. In that spirit I have created this amazing recipe that would be great for a girls night in, romantic evening for two, or a dinner party. I used cute little mini peppers and stuffed them with this decadent-tasting healthy spinach, artichoke and goat cheese filling that will make fireworks go off when you eat it! Okay, maybe not that dramatic but after I tasted these I did need to take a moment to reflect on the incredible flavor combination. One I need to incorporate in other recipes because it was INCREDIBLE!
Here is how I made these delightful little mini stuffed peppers.
First, I gathered my peppers.
Beautiful! Look at the pretty colors! LOVE!
Second, I got to work removing the seeds using my kids spoons. They are the perfect size for this type of job.
Then I started on my filling, so easy, only a few simple ingredients: spinach, shallots, garlic, artichokes, goat cheese and parmesan cheese.
Chopped up my spinach, artichokes, shallots, and garlic and sautéed them lightly on the stove to bring out their flavor.
It smelled so good!
Next I let the mixture cool, added it to my goat cheese and shaved in some freshly grated parmesan cheese. YUM!!!
Finally, it was time to stuff my little peppers. I laid them out in my pan to make sure I had the right size pan. I used a 9×13 baking dish but you can use whatever size you have that works.
Lastly, I baked them in the oven at 375 degrees or 20 minutes and finished them under the broiler for another 5 minutes to get them nice and golden brown. So GOOD!!
- 12 mini peppers, sliced, seeds removed
- 4 cups of fresh spinach or one package of frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 6oz jar of marinated artichokes, drained and chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3oz fresh, softened goat cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- The juice of one lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Choose the dish you want to bake the peppers in. I used a 9x13 baking dish.
- Layout the peppers in the baking dish to make sure they fit and to get them ready to fill.
- Heat a medium skillet with a drizzle of olive oil to medium high heat on your stove.
- Add in the shallots and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the spinach, artichokes and garlic with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for about 4 minutes until the spinach is wilted. Set aside to cool.
- Place the goat cheese in a medium size mixing bowl and mix lightly with a rubber spatula to soften.
- Add in the spinach artichoke mixture and mix well, add in the parmesan cheese and lemon juice. Mix everything together.
- Using a small spoon, fill each mini pepper with the spinach, artichoke, cheese mixture and place in the preheated oven on the middle rack to bake for 20 minutes. Watch them since oven times and temps may vary.
- After 20 minutes, increase the oven temp to boil and place the peppers under the broiler on the top rack of your oven for 3-5 minutes to brown the top. Watch them carefully so they don't burn.
- Remove them from the oven, let cool and ENJOY!!!