I LOVE my Oatmeal but sometimes I get bored of making oatmeal bowls so I decided to come up with a fun mini size option that I can make ahead and have all week long for a yummy breakfast treat. Or just a quick snack on the go. Since I always seem to be on the go. Simple Chunky Monkey Baked Oatmeal Cups are now one of my favorite meal prep recipes and help keep me on track all week long. Little mini oatmeal cups filled with apples, cinnamon, maple syrup and pecans. Top them with a little more maple syrup and these may just be better than pancakes! Okay, maybe not better than pancakes since not much can be better but definitely a healthy delicious breakfast option when you are craving pancakes way too often.
I made these little delights on a Sunday morning in literally minutes, my kind of recipe. Plus, the recipe yielded 24 which left a bunch for me to store for the week.
How to make my Simple Chunky Monkey Baked Oatmeal Cups
Pour all ingredients (Oats, applesauce, peanut butter, almond milk, maple syrup, apple, raisins) into a mixing bowl and stir.
Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray and fill each mini muffin mold to the top. Yields 24.
Top each mini muffin with chopped pecans and bake for 15-17 minutes in a 350F degree oven.
That’s it! So Simple!
- 2 cups oats
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sweetened applesauce
- 2 small apples, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients except the pecans into a medium size mixing bowl and stir well.
- Fill each mini muffin mold with the mixture to the top. Top each with the chopped pecans.
- Bake in the middle rack of the oven for 15-17 minutes.
- Remove, serve and top with more maple syrup. ENJOY!
This recipe is perfect for weekly meal prep. Just store extra mini oatmeal cups in an airtight container for easy grabbing all week long!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 150 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 3.5g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 16mg Carbohydrates: 10.8g Fiber: 2.3g Sugar: 6.2g Protein: 3.2g