It’s almost spring and Easter is on the horizon and I believe it is calling for a new twist on deviled eggs. Super Simple deviled eggs with a roasted red pepper filling seem to be a good fit for this season and these babies are packed full of great peppery, tangy flavor and would be a great addition to your table this year! Let’s face it, we all likely have some form of deviled eggs for Easter. I know we always have them since they seem to be a standard for this holiday. I am not complaining, I LOVE eggs but to be honest I am not the biggest fan of traditional deviled eggs, it’s that mustard combined with egg filling that I cannot seem to get past. That is why I came up with this recipe that contains no mustard but still has that deviled egg taste and look that is nostalgic for a lot of us this time of year.
Aren’t they pretty? They taste even better! I was blown away by the bold flavor you get from the roasted red pepper combined with the other ingredients. The addition of the pepper definitely took these deviled eggs to a whole new level!
A few super simple ingredients:
- Eggs, obviously
- Jarred Roasted Red Peppers or you can roast your own
- Vegan mayo (I used Fabanaise, my new fav!)
- Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
- The juice of half a lemon
- Garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Parsley (for topping)
A few super simple steps:
- Boil the eggs
- Puree the roasted red pepper
- Peel and slice the eggs, after they are hardboiled
- Remove the cooked yolk from the eggs
- Make the filling – just add the pureed roasted red pepper to the cooked yolks, add in the other remaining ingredients (except the parsley) and mix it all together.
- Fill the eggs with the amazing filling and top with the freshly chopped parsley.
How easy is that? They are so beautiful and so delicious!
- 12 eggs, hard boiled (see notes section on how to hardboiled eggs).
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers or 1 large roasted red pepper, pureed.
- 2 Tablespoons vegan mayo (I used Fabanaise)
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and Pepper
- Parsley for topping
- Peel the eggs, slice them in half (lengthwise) and remove the center yolk and place in a small mixing bowl.
- Place the sliced eggs on a large plate or platter that you plan to serve them on.
- Add the pureed roasted red pepper, vegan mayo, ACV, Garlic Powder, Lemon juice, salt and pepper to the cooked egg yolks and mix well to combine until smooth.
- Using a piping bag or small spoon, fill each egg half with the filling and top with the parsley. So good! Enjoy!
- To make perfectly hardboiled eggs: Place the eggs in a large saucepan and cover them with cold water. Bring them to a boil on the stovetop, remove from heat and cover for 17 minutes (do not lift the lid). After 17 minutes, strain the eggs from the water and run cold water over them. Then let them sit for 20 minutes before peeling. Perfect every time!