The holiday season is finally here and it is time to index some go to recipes for entertaining that can work for either Thanksgiving or any holiday dinner party. Well this recipe is perfect! Piled high with perfectly shaved Brussels sprouts, combined with crushed nuts, tangy pomegranate seeds and parmesan cheese. All topped with a delicious lemon shallot vinaigrette. A statement salad fit for a hearty holiday meal.
You can pull this together in a matter of minutes and it is sure to please everyone at your holiday gathering. I know I will be putting this on MY menu this year for sure!
You really can do no wrong in the salad game if you put this on the table this year.
- 1 pound of Brussel sprouts
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds or dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped almonds or pecans
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup thinly sliced kale
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 large shallot minced
- The juice of two lemons
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup for sweetness
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Using a mandolin, shave the Brussel sprouts thinly and place into a medium-large bowl.
- Chop up the nuts and pulse them lightly in the food processor or spice grinder and add to the Brussels sprouts.
- Add the thinly sliced kale to the Brussel sprout mixture.
- Add in the pomegranate seeds.
- Make the dressing by adding the lemon juice, dijon mustard, maple syrup and shallots to a small bowl, whisk to combine while adding in a slow stream of the olive oil to add some creaminess to the dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the dressing to the salad along with the parmesan cheese, toss to combine and enjoy!