I, like many of you, LOVE PIZZA! I mean what is better than a delicious pizza and a nice glass of Rose this time of year. Well, these Pesto Veggie Mini Pizzas are the perfect spring pizza for an afternoon chilling by the pool with a nice cool beverage and some great family time. They are light, tangy and topped with good for you veggies and punchy, salty grated parmesan cheese. I could eat these every day!
I have a healthy “in love with you” relationship with pesto. It is absolutely one of my favorite things and I literally always have some made up in my fridge just for recipes like this one. Check out my Presto Pesto Recipe . It’s so good! My two-year old is now also in love with pesto and requests for me to put it in his pasta, on his pizza and he will even devour a hearty bowl of quinoa and veggies as long as I top it with pesto! Yay! Happy Momma!
Again another easy recipe since my life right now requires easy and mostly kid-friendly when I can entice my munchkins to venture out and try other foods besides cheese pizza, pasta and grilled cheese. I also love this recipe for it’s incredible taste but simplicity of all of the ingredients coming together to create such a fun to eat and appetizing dish.
Now down to the good stuff.
A few ingredients that you probably have right now:
- Puff pastry
- Pesto (you can use store bought or check out my pesto recipe here)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped Baby Bella mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced Red Onion
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- Sauté the veggies
- Preheat the oven
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut in circles (I used a biscuit cutter but you can use any rounded surface like a glass)
- Top the puff pastry circles with some pesto and veggies and sprinkle with parmesean
- Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes and enjoy!
See full recipe below
- 1 package of store bought Puff Pastry
- 1 cup of pesto (you can use store bought or check out my PRESTO PESTO recipe)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red onions
- 1 cup diced baby Bella mushrooms
- 3/4 grated Parmesan Cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- Heat up a medium size skillet with some olive oil on the stove and add in the veggies.
- Sauté the veggies until translucent (about 10 minutes), season with salt and pepper and set aside to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Roll out the puff pastry dough and cut round circles with a biscuit cutter or round surface such as a glass.
- Place the puff pastry rounds onto a baking sheet.
- Top each with some of the pesto, veggies and the parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the middle rack of your preheated oven for 12-15 minutes.
- These store great in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days for a quick snack!