Roasted potatoes are one of those dishes that everyone, in my opinion should know how to make. Even my husband, who is cooking challenged, knows how to make these since I insisted that he learns to make at the very least, potatoes, pasta and grilled cheese (all of our kids favorite foods). Mostly so I don’t have to always be the one cooking and to assure me that he can make our kids real food besides giving them take out when I am away.
This recipe is easy and I think pretty forgiving since you can simply just use olive oil, salt and pepper to season the potatoes and they come out great, or if you are feeling a little drab you can add in additional spices to bump up the flavor.
I also really love these as a side for breakfast, lunch or dinner with a wrap or sandwich. I will sometimes make these at night as a snack while we are watching a movie instead of popcorn. Just to change things up a bit.
Try these out and please let me know your thoughts in the comments section below.
- 6 cups of chopped baby white potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric
- 1/2 tablespoon thyme
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
- Chop the baby potatoes into quarter size pieces and place in a medium bowl.
- In a smal bowl combine all of the spices plus the salt and pepper, whisk to combine
- Drizzle the olive oil on the potatoes and add in the spice mixture. Toss the potatoes with the olive oil and spices.
- Spray a cookie sheet with the olive oil spray and sread the spiced potatoes on the cookie sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes, turning halfway to ensure they get nice and crispy all over.
- Once fully browned, remove from the oven, let cool, sprinkle with more salt if needed and enjoy!