Amazing Pea Pesto Naan Bread topped with crunchy, spicy radishes. Yes please!
Happy Spring! Yay it is finally here and although I live in North Carolina where the whether is milder in the winter, I am still looking forward to the warmer whether, seasonal produce and the sound of birds singing and children playing. I can just see it now! This time of year allows me to reflect on my accomplishments so far as well as what I wish to achieve the remainder of the year. Setting goals for myself has always been a big motivator for me even if they are small in nature, they usually yield big results. One of my big goals this year was to create even healthier recipes that can be made in a lot less time but are still oh so delicious. I certainly achieved that with this recipe!
Pea Pesto has this incredible punch of flavor from the combination of the peas, garlic, goat cheese and fresh herbs included in this recipe. Spread on some toasted naan bread and top with some sliced radishes and you have a quick snack or light lunch perfect for a queen or king. Of course it is also so pretty with all of the beautiful spring colors which is so important to me when creating recipes, because, we eat with our eyes first. I have definitely learned that or have been reminded of that by my kids since they are picky eaters and the vibrant colors entice them to try my recipes every time!
Like I said this was so easy to pull together especially if you have the pea pesto in the fridge. A make ahead meal for sure and one that is a great prep option for meal planning. Look out for my Healthy Vegetarian Meal Plans coming out this spring!
- 2 large Naan breads (I used store-bought)
- 1.5 cups of fresh peas or frozen peas cooked
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup of basil leaves
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon goat cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 cup diced radishes for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake the naan bread on a baking sheet for 5 minutes on each side to get it nice and toasted. Remove and set aside.
- Place the peas, parmesan and goat cheese, garlic, basil, lemon juice, a pinch of salt and pepper into a food processor and pulse, while pulsing, drizzle in the olive oil until it forms a nice pesto spread.
- Spread the pea pesto onto the toasted naan breads and top with the diced radishes. Slice and enjoy!
- The leftover pesto is great for dipping carrots and cucumber in for a healthy and quick snack.