Full of a blast of coconut flavor topped with luscious chocolate! Plus no baking required!
Coconut bars are a dream for me. I LOVE coconut! What a busy week this has been and it’s only Wednesday so I have a long way to go until the weekend. Uggg!!! I needed a little pick me up and decided to look for a healthy and easy dessert recipe that I could make quickly but enjoy the rest of the week as a nice treat at the end of my long days. See I have a day job that is pretty demanding along with my blog which I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!
On top of that I have two little boys and a hubby as well as a decent workout schedule to combat my love for food. Ha ha! That’s my strategy anyway, plus working out has always been important to me. It’s a great start to every day in my book!
So clearly being busy and challenged is a way of life for me and I feed off of continuing to challenge myself, for example, I just started CrossFit and let me tell you, it’s no joke. Pretty much the most amazing workouts I have ever done and very different from running which is my first love.
Enough about me, let’s get to the real star of the show, these incredible Coconut Bars! Very easy, came together in literally minutes, one pan, no baking. Sign me up!
I love that these are gluten-free, vegan and paleo. They hit all of the healthy dessert boxes.
All you need to do is place the filling ingredients into the blender, blend until creamy. Press the mixture into an 8×8 parchment lined pan, melt the chocolate. Top the bars with the melted chocolate, freeze for a little bit and wallah, the most delicious, healthy dessert I have ever had!
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper
- Place the coconut flakes, coconut milk, coconut cream, and maple syrup into a blender and blend on high speed until it forms a nice sticky and wet mixture.
- Pour the coconut mixture into the parchment lined pan and spread with a rubber spatula into an even layer.
- Place the chocolate chips and coconut cream into a microwave safe dish and microwave for 15 second increments, stirring in between until fully melted and smooth.
- Pour the chocolate layer on top of the coconut layer and spread it out with a rubber spatula to evenly cover the coconut.
- Place the bars into the freezer for at least 70 minutes to set.
- Remove, slice into bars and enjoy!!!