Meaty and veggie packed mouth-watering deliciousness combined into this incredible black bean veggie burger! A must try!
Portobello mushrooms mixed with hearty black beans and loads of veggies, this Incredible Black Bean Veggie Burger is calling your name!!! Burgers are such a staple dish for so many of us. I mean who doesn’t like a good burger now and then? I seen them on menus in popular restaurants and some even offer a vegetarian option. Unfortunately most of the vegetarian options are loaded with carbs and fat and contain little to know protein or nutrition.
In light of that and to also allow myself to have a burger whenever I want and not feel guilty. I have created this black bean burger that is so great due to the protein packed back beans, meaty taste and versatility of the portobello mushroom combined with the brightness of the broccoli and the creaminess of the parmesan cheese.
These are so good!
I was quite confident this one would be delicious. I think it is the fact that veggie burgers are not the easiest recipes to create since they typically end up mushy and falling apart. I know from personal experience in trying so many recipes that ended in a complete fail. Luckily, I tried this one and it turned out perfect! I should caveat…after several tries.
When I started on my Vegetarian journey, my family and friends always asked me what I eat if I no longer eat meat? My answer, every time has been, just the most delicious food I have ever had! Enter in this BURGER that will blow you away it is so meaty and sturdy. My go to for sure!
Here is how I made these incredible veggie burgers.
First I prepped my broccoli.
Next I mashed half my black beans, then added my broccoli, rest of my black beans, eggs, breadcrumbs, spices and a few other ingredients and mixed it all together. I also added in a little cooked quinoa for some more texture.
I even made my own seasoning. Just onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
Then I formed my burgers, heated up my stove top griddle and got to work cooking these to perfection! About 3-5 minutes on each side and they were done!
They came out great! Look at those beauties!
- 1 15oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups of portobello mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup of fresh broccoli, minced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2-3 tablespoons grape-seed oil
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Mash half of your black beans and place them in a large mixing bowl. I used a fork to mash the beans.
- Add in your minced broccoli, rest of your beans, minced garlic, spices, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce, mushrooms, quinoa, cheese and mix to fully combine.
- Add in the beaten eggs and mix to help bind it all together.
- Chill mixture, covered in fridge for 1-2 hours or even overnight. This will help the burgers hold their shape better.
- Heat up a cast iron skillet or stove-top griddle to medium high-heat and add some grape-seed oil.
- Form your patties using wet hands and place them on your pan or griddle. Cook 3-5 minutes on each side, until brown and crispy. Remove and enjoy as a burger with your favorite bread and toppings or on top of a salad.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 178 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 63mg Sodium: 309mg Carbohydrates: 16g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 2g Protein: 10g