Meaty and veggie packed mouth-watering deliciousness combined into this incredible veggie burger! A must try!
Portobello Mushroom Burgers are seen on menus in popular restaurants as a vegetarian option due to the meaty taste and versatility of the portobello mushroom. Because of that, I was quite confident this one would be delicious. I think it is the fact that veggie burgers are not the easiest recipes to create since they typically end up mushy and falling apart. I know from personal experience in trying so many recipes that ended in a complete fail. Luckily, I tried this one and it turned out perfect!
It was the day after Christmas and what a wonderful holiday we all had! I hope you all enjoyed some probably much-needed quality time with your friends and family. I know I did!
After a fun day of gift-giving, laughing, drinking good wine and of course indulging in delicious food, I was in need of a heart healthy satisfying meal that even my Kids would eat. Well this burger was everything and more that I hoped it would be! Call it a Christmas miracle or anything you like but I truly could not believe how good this was. It even resembles meat and it is 100% vegetarian and gluten-free. So there you go! A veggie burger that everyone can enjoy!
When I started on my Vegetarian journey, my family and friends always asked me what I eat if I no longer eat meat? My answer, every time has been, just the most delicious food I have ever had!
Here is how I made these incredible veggie burgers.
First I prepped my broccoli.
Next I mashed half my black beans, then added my broccoli, rest of my black beans, eggs, breadcrumbs, spices and a few other ingredients and mixed it all together.
I even made my own Montreal Steak Seasoning.
Then I formed my burgers, heated up my stove top griddle and got to work cooking these to perfection! About 3-5 minutes on each side and they were done!
They came out great! Look at those beauties!
- 1 15oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups of portobello mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup of fresh broccoli, minced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Steak seasoning. I made my own. See below.
- 2-3 tablespoons grape-seed oil
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 tablespoon onion power
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Mash half of your black beans and set aside in a large mixing bowl. I used a fork to mash the beans.
- Add in your minced broccoli, rest of your beans, minced garlic, steak seasoning, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce, mushrooms and cheeses and mix to fully combine.
- Add in the beaten eggs and mix to help bind it all together.
- Heat up a cast iron skillet or stove-top griddle to medium high-heat and add some grape-seed oil.
- Form your patties using wet hands and place them on your pan or griddle. Cook 3-5 minutes on each side, until brown and crispy. Remove and enjoy as a burger with your favorite bread and toppings or on top of a salad.