Fluffy egg whites formed into mini clouds of sugary deliciousness with a marshmallowy center and topped with whipped cream and fresh berries. The perfect light dessert for spring and summer. Less than 100 calories per serving and so easy to make!
I am not a big dessert person but when I do crave a sweet treat I am really into desserts that are simple, light and somewhat healthy-ish. These Mini Berry Pavlovas are where it’s at for me. They are light, just sweet enough and they have this incredible marshmallow-like center that just melts in your mouth. That mixed with the freshness of the berries and cream topping makes this recipe perfect for spring and summer.
What is Pavlova?
Pavlova is a meringue based dessert that is usually topped with cream and berries. It has a crispy crust with a soft marshmallowy center. Some say it was named after Russian ballerina, Anna Pavlova. I am not sure if that is true but it’s a cute theory so I will roll with it. What I do know is that I simply LOVE this Mini Berry Pavlovas Dessert recipe and it has less than 100 calories per serving and will satisfy my sweet cravings so it’s a WIN!
What is in pavlova?
- Egg whites
- Vanilla extract
- Topped with fresh berries and whipped cream
That’s it! So simple and so good!
How to make these Mini Berry Pavlovas
Whip the egg whites
Add sugar and whip so more
Fold in cornstarch and vanilla and whip lightly until stiff peaks form
Using a spoon drop about 1/4-1/2 cup of the meringue onto a silpat lined baking sheet and shape it into circle form. Make a small well in the center for the berries and cream. This recipe will make about 12-15 pavlovas.
Bake in a 250 degree oven for 75 minutes. After 75 minutes, turn the oven off, do not open the door. Leave them in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove and let cool.
Top with whip cream and fresh berries.
Now I prefer to eat these right away since they tend to get a little sticky as they sit in the fridge. I will say they are still absolutely delicious but definitely better if eaten right away.
You could also top these with lemon curd and blueberries.
- 6 egg whites
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup whipped cream for topping
- 1 cup fresh mixed berries for topping
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a silpat.
- Whisk the egg whites on medium-high speed in a stand mixer until stiff peaks form. About 5-6 minutes.
- Add in the sugar and continue whisking for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the vanilla and cornstarch and whisk for 2 more minutes.
- Drop about 1/4-1/2 cup of the egg white mixture into circles onto the silpat lined baking sheet. Use a small rubber spatula or spoon to form them into little nests. Make a well in the center of each. I used a rounded tablespoon and it worked perfectly for making the well.
- Bake in the 250 degree F oven for 75 minutes.
- After 75 minutes, turn the oven off without opening the door. Leave the pavlovas in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove and let cool for a few minutes.
- Fill each with some of the whipped cream and berries, plate and ENJOY!
- These are best if eaten right away since they get a little sticky as they sit.
You can make the batter ahead and store it in the fridge for a few hours before using.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 94 Total Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 4mg Sodium: 28mg Carbohydrates: 19g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 18g Protein: 2g