Hey! How are you all? Are you in need of a light and refreshing, nutritious lunch or snack that you can pull together in a matter of minutes? These Mediterranean Chickpea Endive Cups are everything and more that you need! Crisp, packed with flavor and they contain a very long list of nutrients.
Nutrients contained in this recipe:
- Plant-based protein
- Vitamin A, C and B
- Low in fat, high in taste (Is that a nutrient?)
I mean Score and Score again! Plus, aren’t these so pretty with all of the colors. Love it! Okay, yes, I get a little excited about delicious, healthy food but I cannot help it. It just makes me so happy to share recipes like this with you all.
This recipe is also the first in my new ” 15 Minute Vegetarian Fix” category. Yay!
So many people have interesting reactions when they find out that I am Vegetarian like “You don’t eat meat, what do you eat then?”. My answer every time ” Just the most delicious food I have ever had!”. Another reaction is “Being Vegetarian is so hard and so much work!”. While that is true in the beginning, I have come up with recipes that contain the nutrients we need, super easy steps and ingredients and can be made in just 15 minutes or less! So, there you go! It can be done and it can be easy if you have the right knowledge and experience with eating Vegetarian food. I am here to help in any way I can and that is why I created this blog, so I can share these incredible recipes with you.
This one is definitely one for the books. It really was so simple and paired with a nice glass of Rose’ or Crisp white wine it would make for a perfect weekend lunch or light dinner for two.
A few very simple ingredients that I pretty much always have:
- Bell peppers
- Red onion
- Feta Cheese
Plus a few standard pantry ingredients:
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Maple syrup (I know it sounds wild but it makes all the difference)
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Chili powder
- Salt and pepper
That’s it! Then a few super easy steps to pull it all together and you are ready to devour this amazing creation!
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas
- Chop the veggies
- Lay out the endive
- Pour all ingredients (except the endive) into a mixing bowl and toss
- Fill each endive leaf with the chickpea salad mixture, top with more parsley and enjoy!
I mean how easy and fast is that? I am not even sure it took 15 minutes for me to make this and it would be perfect for a party or get together. I love an easy recipe like this that could be eaten for lunch, dinner or used for entertaining.
- 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium cucumber, diced, seeds removed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 medium endive head, cleaned, leaves removed
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Separate the endive leaves and place them about an inch apart on a serving platter or large plate.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a medium size mixing bowl and toss to combine.
- Fill each endive cup with some of the chickpea veggie mixture.
- Serve and ENJOY!!!
This filling stores great in an airtight container in the fridge.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 4mg Sodium: 120mg Carbohydrates: 25g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 5g Protein: 7g