Low carb tortilla pizza loaded with veggies, topped with fresh mozzarella cheese and baked until the tortilla crust is nice and crispy on the edges. This guilt-free pizza option is calling your name! Low in fat, low in carbs but high in flavor and deliciousness! Ready in 15 minutes! Easy weeknight meal!
Pizza is kind of my everything so I am always trying to come up with healthier ways to make it so I can have it whenever my pizza cravings surface. Which happens more often than not lol! I came up with this Low Carb Tortilla Pizza, which is so good, using my favorite Low-Carb Tortillas. They were the perfect vessel for the crust and it got so nice and crispy and held up well to all of my veggie toppings. Add in some melty fresh mozzarella cheese and this baby can be eaten daily if needed.
You might get sick of it so I recommend maybe only having it as your Friday night pizza night meal wile the kids enjoy the REAL DEAL. Trust me though, you will not feel left out at all! This lighter, low-carb tortilla pizza is so good it will make you forget about the carb heavy crust and fat in traditional pizza and you will feel much better after eating this version. I PROMISE! Oh and I almost forgot the best part of all, you can eat the entire pizza and it only has 20 carbs and lots of fiber and protein. I am just jumping for joy over this and you should be too!
Toppings for this Low-Carb Tortilla Pizza
- Bell Peppers
- Fresh Mozzarella cheese
- Tomato sauce
Other toppings you could use
Zucchini and corn
Whatever suits your fancy!
How to make Low-Carb Tortilla Pizza
Just a few easy steps:
- Preheat the oven to 425 Degrees
- Sauté the mushrooms
- Place a low-carb tortilla onto a pizza pan or baking sheet. I do find that the pizza pan yields a crispier crust if that is your thing.
- Top the tortilla with your favorite tomato sauce
- Pile on the veggies – I used mushrooms, onions and peppers
- Top with fresh or shredded mozzarella cheese
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the crust is nice and crispy on the edges
- Remove, top with cilantro, slice and serve.
Can you believe it! How amazing is this? I am psyched!
If you like this recipe than check out this Chickpea Flour Crust Pizza.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced baby Bella mushrooms
- 1 Large Low-Carb Tortilla
- 1/4 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced bell peppers
- 1/4 cup fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoon freshly torn cilantro'
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
- Spray a pizza pan or baking sheet with cooking spray and lay the tortilla on the pan.
- Heat up a small skillet with some olive oil. Add in the mushrooms and sauté for 2-3 minutes then sprinkle with a little salt. Set aside to cool for a few minutes. You can do this in advance and keep the cooked mushrooms in the fridge.
- Top the pizza with the tomato sauce, mushrooms, peppers and onions.
- Spread on the cheese so it covers the whole pizza.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the edges are nice and crispy.
- Remove, let cool for a couple of minutes, top with the cilantro, slice and serve.
- You can make this ahead and store it in the fridge and just reheat it in the microwave but it will lose some of the crispy crust so I recommend eating this right away since you can eat the entire thing!
To get a nice crispy crust I suggest baking this on a pizza pan.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 236 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 22mg Sodium: 608mg Carbohydrates: 20g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 9g Protein: 17g