Lately I have been trying to eat more protein, good fats and veggies (Yes, even me, the veggie lover that I am still needs more veggies). It does make me plan a little better for what I am eating at each meal but I am already feeling better and my energy has gone way up. Higher energy is needed for this working mom of two high-energy boys. This Low-Carb Tofu Egg Roll Stir-Fry is the perfect meal. Why? First of all it is Incredibly flavorful and satisfying, full of high-protein like tofu and eggs and has loads of low-carb veggies. To top it all off I added this amazing stir-fry sauce that amps the flavor way up!
My husband and I have also decided to eat out less for our date nights and try to do something active together like hiking, running or biking instead. We both LOVE to exercise, any kind really but we rarely get to exercise together anymore since we had kids, so it is such a treat for both of us and better for our overall health. This week we took a hike mid-afternoon while the kids played with their grandparents. Win for all of us! We came home and I whipped up this healthy dinner in 25 minutes, paired it with a nice hearty red wine and we had the best “Healthier” date night ever!
Enough about me, let me tell you how I made this dish in 25 minutes!
How I made this incredible Low-Carb Tofu Egg Roll Stir-Fry!
I started by cooking my tofu until it was nice and crispy. It only takes 7-10 minutes. While the tofu cooked I whipped up my sauce, just peanut butter, soy or teriyaki sauce, maple syrup and sesame oil. So easy right? Yet so GOOD!
Once the tofu was crispy, I added 2-3 tablespoons of the sauce to make sure it was all coated.
Then I cooked up my veggies. I used purple and green cabbage, shredded carrots, peas and scallions.
Added the tofu to the veggies and then dropped in a couple whisked eggs and let that cook for a few minutes before adding my incredible sauce. YUM!!!
You guys!!!! THIS IS SO DELICIOUS! AND ITS LOW-CARB! You must make it immediately.
- 1 block of extra firm tofu, drained, pressed and cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy or teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup chopped purple cabbage
- 1 cup chopped green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup cooked green peas
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 2 large eggs
- Heat up a cast iron pan to medium high heat with 1 tablespoon sesame or olive oil.
- Add the tofu, sprinkle it with salt and pepper and let it cook for 7-10 minutes until it is nice and crispy on all sides.
- Make the sauce: Add the peanut butter, soy or teriyaki sauce, 1 tablespoon sesame oil and maple syrup to a small mixing bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Once the tofu is nice and crispy add 3 tablespoons of the stir-fry sauce to the tofu and toss to coat it all. Let the tofu cook in the sauce for 1 minute. Remove and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of sesame oil to the same pan and add in all of the veggies. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Toss the veggies and let them cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Crack the eggs and whisk them in a small bowl.
- Add the tofu back in. Add in the eggs and stir to cook the eggs with the veggies and tofu.
- Once the eggs are fully cooked add in the rest of the stir-fry sauce and stir to coat everything.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes and it's done! ENJOY!
This is a great make ahead meal and is just as delicious reheated in the microwave for a quick weekday lunch or meal prep dinner.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 307 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 82mg Sodium: 353mg Carbohydrates: 19g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 12g Protein: 20g