Lately I am kind of on the lower-carb, higher protein, higher “good fats” train. I guess kind of Vegetarian KETO. Is that a thing? Not sure but for the past week or so I have just been more focused on getting my carbs from fruits and veggies instead of bread, pasta, rice, corn, potatoes, etc. These Loaded Egg Salad Lettuce Cups fit perfectly into my new plan. Fluffy hard-boiled eggs mixed with veggies, creamy goat cheese, vegan mayo, topped with fresh dill and served in crisp lettuce cups. YUM!
Just what I am looking for in a healthy and delicious lunch or light dinner.
Once again these took me about 20 minutes to make and the majority of the cooking time was just boiling the eggs which is really like no work at all! Exactly how I like to eat during the busy work week. Super easy recipes that I can make quickly and enjoy while I drool over my kids eating my famous homemade cheese pizza. A recipe I make so often that we call my kitchen “Amy’s Pizza Kitchen”. I just prefer not to order pizza take out. Making it myself having my kids eat real ingredients that I know are better for them just seems smarter. Plus it’s so FUN to make PIZZA! Okay, enough about my PIZZA obsession. It really is my favorite food but this post is about these low-carb, high-protein lettuce cups that this almost 40-year old should be eating rather than pizza.
Don’t they just look so delicious! Something I simply love about this recipe is that you can eat it for breakfast lunch or dinner and I have. It comes together quickly and is packed full of gold star nutrition.
- Vitamins B and C
- Good “healthy” fat
They really deserve a round of applause for being SO GOOD!!!!!
Wait until you see how easy this recipe is! You won’t believe it! Please let me know what you think.
If you like this recipe, check out my other high protein recipes.
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons herbed goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon vegan mayo
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped dill
- 6 crisp bib lettuce cups
- salt and pepper
- Place the eggs in a small to medium size sauce pan, fill with water, cover and bring to a boil.
- Remove them from the heat, keeping them covered and let them sit for 12 minutes.
- Drain and rinse them with cold water, wait a few minutes and peel them.
- Place the peeled eggs into a medium size bowl and mash them with a fork.
- Add in the onions, peppers, salt and pepper and stir.
- Add in the goat cheese and vegan mayo and toss it all together.
- Double up the lettuce cups, 2 on top of one another, add 1/3 of the egg salad to each.
- Top with the freshly chopped dill and ENJOY!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 220 Total Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 189mg Sodium: 252mg Carbohydrates: 17g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 3g Protein: 15g