Happy Monday all! I have a present for you. These Lightened Up Blondies that will have you forgetting that it is Monday and bring you back to dreaming about the weekend. My kids ate these up like it was their job and I felt good about it since I swapped out a few unhealthy ingredients that are usually found in this type recipe. Now, I LOVE Blondies! They are one of my favorite desserts and I am super picky about how they taste since they have to be super soft and moist and have the right combination of cake goodness to chocolate chips and I believe this recipe fits those requirements to a T.
So what ingredients did I swap out? Here is the list of what I changed.
Standard recipe contains: White flour. My swap: Almond flour or Gluten Free All Purpose flour can be used as well.
Standard recipe contains: Whole lot of real butter. My swap: Half Vegan Butter plus half melted Coconut Oil plus some all natural Peanut Butter
Standard recipe contains: Brown and White sugar. My swap: Half Coconut Sugar plus half organic Brown Sugar
I also used dairy-free mini chocolate chips instead of regular mini Chocolate Chips.
Here is the full recipe. I HOPE YOU ENDJOY THESE AS MUCH AS MY FAMILY AND I DID!
- 2 1/2 cups Almond Flour or All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 1/2 cup Vegan Butter ( I used Earth Balance), melted
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 Tablespoon All Natural Peanut Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1/2 cup Organic Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Coconut Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Cornstarch
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- 3/4 Cup Dairy-Free Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, spray a 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine the butter, coconut oil, and sugars in a large mixing bowl and stir well to combine. Add in the eggs and the egg yolk, one at a time along with the vanilla and the peanut butter and whisk everything together. In a medium size bowl combine the flour with the baking powder, corn starch, and salt and whisk to fully combine.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir with a rubber spatula to combine all of the ingredients. Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and smooth it out evenly in the pan. Place the pan in the middle rack of your preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Once done, remove the blondies from the oven and let them cool for 20 minutes before cutting.
- Serve and enjoy!
- These store great in an airtight container for a few days. If they last that long.