Looking for an easy appetizer or late night snack to pull together that can feed a crowd? Well you have come to the right place. This heavenly bruschetta recipe is the perfect addition to any party or late night entertaining with friends. I made this for my Mom’s 70th Bday party and it was such a hit! Everyone was asking me for the recipe but of course I just pulled it together at the time and did not craft a formal recipe. I have finally written it down and now here it is!
The key to a recipe like this using good quality ingredients since there are only a few to rely on in providing that robust flavor your expect from a bruschetta. Paired with a nice whole grain toasted bread and you are all set!
The organic Roma tomatoes and the aged balsamic vinegar definitely pack the right punch of flavor into this recipe. Along with the vibrant basil and amazing minced garlic and you are winning with this dish!
All you need to do is chop and drop the ingredients, mix them into a glorious toping and your are done.
I mean, you really cannot go wrong here. Yo can even have your kids or your husband handle this (ha ha) it’s so easy. Just grill up some bread and put it out with the bruschetta and there you go! A perfect appetizer or snack in minutes.
Your family and friends are sure to be impressed.
It’s so good! Pair it with a crisp white wine and you are on your way to a fun time!
- 1 large whole wheat baguette, sliced
- 8 organic Roma tomatoes, seeds removed, diced
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon good quality olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Place the tomatoes in a medium size bowl and set aside
- Using a smaller bowl, add the balsamic, garlic, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper and 1 tablespoon of basil and whisk until combined.
- Mix the balsamic mixture with the tomatoes and let sit for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat up a grill pan and spray it with olive oil spray. Place the slices of bread on the grill to heat up (about 1-2 minutes per side).
- Remove the bread from the grill and place on a platter with the bruschetta mixture. Chop the rest of the basil and add it to the platter for garnish. Enjoy!