Easy healthy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. A soft-baked, gluten-free cookie made from real, whole ingredients that you can enjoy every day! This recipe comes together in less than 30 minutes and is a healthy dessert recipe that is refined flour free + refined sugar-free!
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil or butter
- 1/3 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree – not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt – plus more for sprinkling on top
- In a medium-size mixing bowl combine the egg, coconut sugar, maple syrup, and melted coconut oil.
- Add in the almond butter, pumpkin, and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Stir in the almond flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and a pinch of salt.
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Cover the dough and chill it in the refrigerator for 20-25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper. If using parchment paper spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Roll the cookie dough into even-sized balls and place them about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. You can lighlty press down on each cookie if you prefer them to be a little flatter.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, until the edges start to turn golden brown.
- Remove and press a few more chocolate chips into the top of each cookie along with a sprinkle of sea salt. This will give the cookies that nice bakery-style look.
- Let them cool for at least 25 minutes and enjoy!
- Use creamy almond butter and not chunky. The creamy almond butter acts as a binder in these cookies and also makes them super moist.
- To make these lighter, you can use sugar-free dark chocolate chips.
- You can use melted coconut oil or melted butter in this recipe, they both work.
- Add in extras like chopped nuts, dried cranberries, or raisins.
- Let the cookies cool after baking since they will still cook a little bit more and firm up after they are done baking.
- For that bakery-style look, add some more chocolate chips and a pinch of sea salt to the top of the cookies right after they come out of the oven.
- You can store these cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days!
- Category: Healthy Desserts
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin cookies, gluten free, healthy desserts, pumpkin chocolate chip