Super Healthy Egg Salad Recipe – Fluffy hard boiled eggs mixed with creamy goat cheese, vegan mayo, veggies and fresh dill all piled into crispy lettuce cups. Low-carb, high protein, vegetarian, gluten-free and only 20 minutes!
I just love a good Healthy Egg Salad Recipe and this one is at the top of my list! Perfectly hard boiled eggs mixed with peppers and goat cheese piled into crisp lettuce cups and topped with fresh herbs. So cute and super delicious! Perfect for meal prep or just as a quick snack.
There are so many recipes like this out there that are so good! I like this one from Well Plated since you can have a few go to’s that you really love.
Why this Healthy Egg Salad Recipe works so well as a low-carb meal option
Fast and Easy to make
These took me about 20 minutes to make and the majority of the cooking time was just boiling the eggs which is really like no work at all! Exactly how I like to eat during the busy work week.
Super easy recipes that I can make quickly and enjoy while I drool over my kids eating my famous homemade cheese pizza. A recipe I make so often that we call my kitchen “Amy’s Pizza Kitchen”.
It really is my favorite food but this post is about these low-carb, high-protein lettuce cups that this almost 40-year old should be eating rather than pizza.
Don’t they just look so delicious! Something I simply love about this recipe is that you can eat it for breakfast lunch or dinner and I have.
Full of gold star nutrition
- Packed with good amounts of protein
- Vitamin B and C
- Heathy fat
They really deserve a round of applause for being SO GOOD!!!!!
Wait until you see how easy this Healthy Egg Salad Recipe is! You won’t believe it! Please let me know what you think.
How to make Healthy Egg Salad
- Boil, rinse and peel the hardboiled eggs
- Mash the eggs up with vegan mayo, goat cheese, veggies and herbs
- Fill the lettuce cups
- Eat them!!!!
Literally 3 steps and you are on your way to eating a delicious low-carb, nutrition-packed delicious meal!
Notes about this recipe
- To cut down on the time you can buy already hardboiled, peeled eggs at most grocery stores. You can also check out this deviled eggs recipe for how to make hard boiled eggs in the instant pot. Very easy!
- You can add in any veggies you like.
- This recipe is great for meal prep. You can store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days!
If you like this Healthy Egg Salad Recipe, check out my other easy low-carb high protein recipes.
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons herbed goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon vegan mayo
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped dill
- 6 crisp bib lettuce cups
- salt and pepper
- Place the eggs in a small to medium size sauce pan, fill with water, cover and bring to a boil.
- Remove them from the heat, keeping them covered and let them sit for 12 minutes.
- Drain and rinse them with cold water, wait a few minutes and peel them.
- Place the peeled eggs into a medium size bowl and mash them with a fork.
- Add in the onions, peppers, salt and pepper and stir.
- Add in the goat cheese and vegan mayo and toss it all together.
- Double up the lettuce cups, 2 on top of one another, add 1/3 of the egg salad to each.
- Top with the freshly chopped dill and ENJOY!
Check out this deviled egg recipe for how to harboil eggs in the instant. pot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 220 Total Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 189mg Sodium: 252mg Carbohydrates: 17g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 3g Protein: 15g