A quick and easy date shake made with only a few simple ingredients that you can make in 5 minutes! It’s creamy, smooth, and delicious and makes a wonderful healthy treat that even the kids will love! Vegan and gluten-free!
- 2 medium bananas – sliced and frozen for at least 8 hours
- 1 cup plant-based milk – unsweetened (I used almond milk)
- 4–5 pitted Medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender.
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy! I like to top mine with a drizzle of peanut butter.
- Use frozen bananas that have been sliced and frozen for at least 8 hours.
- Select pitted dates so you don’t have to remove the seeds. If they are hard, then soak them in some warm water for a few minutes to soften them up before blending them.
- This date shake is best if enjoyed right away!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Healthy Desserts
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: date shake, shake, dates, smoothie