Fluffy quinoa mixed with crisp cucumber, sweet red bell peppers, salty olives and feta cheese plus protein packed chickpeas. Add in a homemade Italian dressing and this salad is a complete meal all in one! Vegetarian, vegan-friendly and gluten-free! Perfect meal prep recipe!
If you are like me, then you try to eat salad at least a few times a week if not daily just to make sure you are getting in all of those veggies. I prefer salad like this Greek Quinoa Salad since it just has everything I want and need. Fluffy quinoa, crispy flavor-packed veggies, plant-based protein from the chickpeas, salty goodness from the olives and feta and an incredible homemade Italian dressing that just brings it all to a whole new salad level all on it’s own!
I think salad is underrated as a main dish since it is so versatile where you can mix and match whatever veggies and proteins you prefer and top it with a delicious homemade salad dressing. It is kind of an awesome and easy meal to pull together quickly and get a ton of nutrition in one bowl. Plus DELCIOUS all at the same time. I mean, everyone should just eat salad like all of the time!
Benefits of eating salad on a daily basis
Gettin in those greens – you can choose from spinach, arugula, kale, collards and more and they get you key vitamins and minerals your body needs EVERYDAY!
Mix and match veggies – We all know by now that veggies are an essential part of our diet and we need like 5 servings a day so salad is a no brainer.
Protein is an essential part of any diet and you can add any protein you have on hand to a salad to make it a complete meal. I like to add beans, tofu or edamame for a plant-based, protein-packed salad.
The health benefits of salad – Essential vitamins and minerals, healthy fats and proteins, keep you fuller longer (thank you fiber and protein), prevents you from binge-eating later in the day.
So get your salad game on starting with this incredible and I MEAN INCREDIBLE Greek Quinoa Salad!
How to make this Greek Quinoa Salad
Start with all of the veggies and cooked quinoa. Quick tip: Keep cooked quinoa in your fridge for easy salads like this one or this Pesto Quinoa with Roasted Veggies.
Chop up the veggies and combine them with the quinoa.
Then whip up this super easy Italian Dressing. I just used red wine vinegar, olive oil, agave, dijon mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, dried basil and oregano, salt and pepper and shook it all up in a mason jar. Easy peasy!
Pour the dressing onto the salad and mix it all up. Top with some fresh parsley and you are good to go! You could even take this salad on the go! The flavors get even brighter and tastier as the salad sits so it is literally a perfect meal prep recipe. I like to keep this in the fridge for busy summer days with the kids to help me stay on track and not feel temped to swipe a bite of the kids food. Works like a charm!
For the Salad
- 2 cups cooked, cooled quinoa
- 1 red bell pepper, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 green bell pepper, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 cucumber, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced, pitted kalamata olives
- 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup reduced fat feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
For the Italian Dressing
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon agave or honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Add the cooked quinoa to a medium size mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the salad ingredients except the parsley to the quinoa and toss.
- Make the dressing: Add all ingredients to a mason jar and shake vigorously to emulsify. You could also use a blender to do this.
- Pour about 1/2 of the dressing onto the salad and store the rest in the fridge for up to a week.
- Toss everything together, top with the fresh parsley and ENJOY!
- This salad stores perfectly in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days!
Take this salad on the go: Fill up a mason jar with 1 cup off this salad, place an airtight lid on top and take it on the go!
For a vegan-friendly version just leave out the feta cheese.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 3mg Sodium: 220mg Carbohydrates: 26g Fiber: 9g Sugar: 6g Protein: 13g