Fluffy and stackable flourless pancakes that will impress all of your gluten-free guests! So easy, only a few ingredients and about 15-20 minutes to make! Doesn’t get better than that for this show-stopping breakfast dish!
Full disclosure, I LOVE pancakes!!!! When I was pregnant with both of my kids, I found any excuse to eat pancakes in any form. To me it is an indulgence and with a nice hot cup of coffee, the perfect start to your day. Especially around the holidays, when it’s cold outside and you want something to warm your heart and bring big smiles to your friends and family. Well here is the perfect recipe! Your gluten-free and even non-gluten free friends and family will go nuts over these with very little effort on your part. I actually made these in only a few steps, in minutes with a handful of ingredients that I always have on hand.
I was inspired, by my sister and her husband who are visiting for the holidays. They are gluten-free, so I have been trying my hand at adapting my recipes so they can enjoy them as well and this on came out incredible!!!! The strawberry maple sauce brought them to a whole new level and made them look and taste gourmet.
Here is how I made these delectable pancakes
First, I added ripe bananas, eggs and almond butter to my food processor. Yes, just those three ingredients! Pretty amazing!
Next I simply dropped them onto my heated griddle and let them cook away. I used a 1/4 cup measuring cup so they were all the same size.
As the pancakes were cooking, I got started on the strawberry sauce. So easy! I just chopped up some fresh strawberries and added them to a pot with water and maple syrup. I let them simmer for about 8-10 minutes and then added the mixture to a blender to smooth it out. OMG! So sweet and tangy. It was perfection!
Then I stacked my pancakes, added a few slices of banana and topped them with a nice drizzle of the strawberry sauce and some chopped pecans. I mean, they were EVERYTHING!!!
- 2 ripe medium bananas
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of water
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until they reach pancake batter consistency.
- Heat up a skillet or griddle with butter or cooking spray and drop the pancake batter onto the griddle using a quarter cup measuring cup. Mine made about 12. Cook until bubbles start to form on the top and then flip over to finish cooking (about 2 minutes per side). Place on a plate, while you get your sauce ready.
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan and heat on the stove to medium-high heat for about 8-20 minutes, until it starts to bubble and the strawberries begin to breakdown.
- Remove from heat, cool for a couple minutes and then place into a belnder and blend until smooth.
- Pour the sauce over your pancaked and devour!