I love fall flavors and this is one of my all time favorite salads that I made a couple of years ago. I have dusted off my recipe and tweaked it a bit and now I am ready to share the new version with you all.
This was so good! Husband and Mom approved so it must be good, they are my toughest critics.
It was super easy to pull together. Really a matter of three steps:
- Cooking the farro and the sweet potato
- Chopping the veggies
- Making the dressing and putting it all together Yum!
Doesn’t get much better than that! I am all for easy peasy recipes that pack a great amount of flavor plus nutrition.
The other great part about this recipe is that you can easily switch the farro out for quinoa and the sweet potato for pumpkin or squash. Love it!
The vinaigrette is one that I came up with by combining flavors from a couple of my favorite homemade dressings and it was AMAZING!!!!
- 1 cup of dry farro
- 1 bunch of curly kale
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Juice and zest of one orange
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the farro according to package instructions
- Cut up the sweet potato into cubes and bake in the oven at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes, let cool.
- Chop up the kale and red onion
- When the farro is done, let it cool and then add the kale, sweet potato, red onion, pecans and cranberries.
- Place all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk away until fully emulsified.
- Add the vinaigrette to the farro and veggies, stir to combine, serve and enjoy!