Creamy, earthy, light and oh so good! This Easy vanilla Iced Matcha Latte will leave you feeling refreshed and energized. Oh and it has protein (thank you protein powder), Superfood infused matcha green tea powder and dairy-free almond milk. All whirled together and poured over ice. Yum! Vegan and less than 5 minutes to make!
MATCHA everything is on the rise and I am turning it up with this creamy, must try Easy Vanilla Iced Matcha Latte! I have been on the green tea, matcha tea train for a while now since it is great for so many reasons and it’s delicious. I am more of a fan of having it in drink form such as hot tea, latte, smoothie, etc. Although, we have all seen the plethora of “Matcha infused” baked goods popping up everywhere. I have not personally tried any of them since I am not that bold when it comes to baking but let me know in the comments if you have given any of the Match baked goods a try. I would love to know what you think.
Now back to this insane Vanilla Iced Matcha Latte. It sounds so sophisticated right? But all I want to do is sing “Ice, Ice Baby”! Ha ha! You know you were thinking that too!
So is Matcha and what are the benefits of Matcha (aka green tea powder)?
Matcha is green tea leaves that have been reduced down to powder form and is traditionally consumed by boiling the powder in water to make green tea.
Just to name a few high level benefits. It’s a SUPERFOOD you want in your pantry for sure! I sometimes add it to my protein shake for that extra nutrient boost. So good!
What does Matcha taste like?
Matcha has a unique flavor. It tastes very earthy with some herbal notes to it’s flavor. It pairs very well with creamy elements like almond milk as well as a hint of something sweet like honey or maple syrup.
How to make this Easy Vanilla Iced Match Latte
Add some ice to a glass and pour the latte mix over a mesh strainer into the glass. Pouring the mix over a mesh strainer helps eliminate any clumps and makes the latte super smooth and A-MAZING!
If you like this recipe than you will want to check out this 4 Ingredient Simple Green Smoothie.
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- 8 oz almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 cup of ice
- Add 1 teaspoon of match green tea powder, 8oz's almond milk, 2 teaspoons of protein powder and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup or honey to a medium size mixing bowl.
- Whisk well using a matcha whisk or regular whisk. I found that the matcha whisk was well worth it since it really does a good job.You could also whip this mixture up in a blender or shake it up in a mason jar with a lid if you do not have a whisk on hand.
- Add the ice to a glass, using a mesh strainer, pour the matcha latte mixture into the glass. Sip and ENJOY!!!!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 150 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 1mg Sodium: 27mg Carbohydrates: 29g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 36g Protein: 7g