Do you think you don’t like tofu? Well, you are wrong, ha ha and this Tofu Soba Noodle Veggie Stir Fry will change your mind. I am sure of it! Crispy tofu, soft soba noodles with crunchy veggies and the most delicious stir fry sauce. It will make you wanting tofu all the time!
I had assumed there was no way I would like tofu until I tried it and learned to cook it myself. My favorite way to add tofu to meals is in a stir fry like this since it gets crispy and absorbs the flavors of any sauce you add to it. It definitely changed my husbands mind about tofu and soba noodles. He was blown away by the flavors and the great combination of the crispy tofu with the soft, semi-chewy soba noodles and veggies. Add in the fact that this meal is not only delicious, it also provides some key nutrients we all need in our diet.
Nutrients in this dish
- Plant based protein
- Vitamins A, C and B-6
It was so easy to make. You can check out the full recipe below.
Here are some of the steps for making this incredible dish!
First, I prepped my tofu and cooked my soba noodles. Both great meal prepping steps if you are planning to make this later in the week.
To prep the tofu and the noodles I simply drained and rinsed the tofu, then wrapped in a paper towel and pressed it dry using a cast iron pan for about 20 minutes on the counter. While my tofu was drying out, I cooked my soba noodles based on the package instructions, rinsed them with cold water and set them aside.
Then I chopped my veggies and pre-cooked my green beans.
I sautéed everything in my wok, added my stir fry sauce, topped it with roasted sesame seeds and I was in heaven. It was luscious, filling and just so tasty. I am in LOVE!
- 1 package extra firm tofu, drained, rinsed and pressed dry
- 9.5 oz buckwheat soba noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 large portobello mushroom cap, cleaned and diced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 12 oz green beans, steamed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup scallions, thinly chopped
- Dice up the tofu and set aside
- Heat a wok or medium size skillet to medium-high heat with some olive oil
- Add in the tofu and cook until brown. Place the tofu in a small bowl and set aside
- Add the mushrooms to the same pan and cook for 4-5 minutes until they get brown and crispy.
- Add in a dash of salt and pepper along with the shredded carrots and cook for 2 minutes
- While the veggies are cooking, prep your sauce. Just combine all sauce ingredients (soy sauce, sesame oil, veggie stock, garlic, ginger, maple syrup, scallions) in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Once the veggies are done, add in the tofu, green beans and the cooked soba noodles
- Mix everything together and add in the stir fry sauce. Toss to combine and cook on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
For busy weeknights, you can cook the tofu and soba noodles ahead of time and store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. If the soba noodles are sticky then just run them under cold water.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 373 Total Fat: 16.4g Saturated Fat: 2.4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 700mg Carbohydrates: 47.4g Fiber: 5.6g Sugar: 6.6g Protein: 15g