Spicy, vibrant radishes tossed in melted gee or olive oil, dusted with garlic powder and rosemary and roasted to perfectly tender deliciousness. Finished off with a drizzle of lime juice, chopped parsley, and sea salt. Vegan, gluten-free and the perfect springtime snack or side dish. A must-try recipe!
It is almost spring and I am anxious for all of the beautiful spring vegetables to make their appearance. Even though you can get almost all types of vegetables all year round, they just taste different when they are actually in season.
Radishes, a spring vegetable is one of my faves. This Easy Oven Roasted Radishes Recipe is so tasty but also so nutritious and a great snack to have on hand. Color equals flavor and these radishes know what’s up when it comes to packing a flavor punch.
Why I love these Easy Oven Roasted Radishes
The flavor – Vibrant spicy radishes tossed in gee or olive oil dusted with garlic powder, rosemary, salt, and pepper and roasted until tender. I drizzled them with a squeeze of lime, parsley and some more sea salt and they made my day. Brightened my day at least. They are spicy, herby with a hint of lime and sea salt. The perfect springtime snack or side dish.
Color – so bright and just glowing with tons of nutrients
Very simple and quick to make – about 20 minutes and they are done!
A few things to know about radishes
- Packed full of nutrition – Vitamins A, C, B6 and K, high in antioxidants, fiber, zinc, potassium, iron, calcium, phosphorus and many more.
- Good for your skin – The juice from radishes gives your skin an extra boost to stay healthy, mostly from Vitamin C, Zinc, and Phosphorus. It also keeps dryness, acne, pimples, and rashes away. Yay!!!
- Good for your hair too! You can apply radish paste (to make: just peal and grind the radish into a fine paste, apply the paste to your hair and face for 30 minutes and rinse with warm water) to remove dandruff or repair dry brittle hair. Hair-mask anyone? I love a natural homemade hair/face-mask option.
- Hydrating – The high water content in radishes will keep you more hydrated in the warmer months which is probably why we tend to eat more of them in the spring and summer besides the fact that they are in season and simply delicious.
Wow! So many benefit’s to eating and using radishes! Who knew?
Another way to eat radishes is in salads like this Radish and Green Apple salad from Girl Gone Gourmet.
Now onto how I made these delicious and Easy Oven Roasted Radishes.
How to make Easy Oven Roasted Radishes
Preheat the oven to 425 F degrees
Slice the radishes and toss them with some melted gee or olive oil. Add in some garlic powder, dried rosemary, salt, and pepper and toss.
Place them onto a sprayed baking sheet and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
Remove, drizzle with the juice of a lime and a sprinkle of sea salt and ENJOY!
Incredibly easy and delicious!!!
Easy Oven Roasted Radishes
- Baking sheet
- 2 cups whole radishes sliced in half
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- salt and pepper
- the juice of 1 lime about 1 tablespoon
- 1 tbsp parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425 F degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Add the sliced radishes to a medium-size mixing bowl, pour in the olive oil and toss. Add in the garlic powder, dried rosemary, salt, and pepper and toss to coat all of the radishes.
- Place the coated radishes in a single layer onto the baking sheet and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove, drizzle with the lime juice, parsley and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Serve warm and ENJOY!!!! These are best eaten immediately after cooking since they can get a little soggy when stored.