Easy chocolate no-bake energy bites that anyone can make and everyone with love! Only 4 ingredients, oats, peanut butter, maple syrup, and chocolate chips. No baking required, packed with protein, and they are both vegan and gluten-free! An easy healthy dessert that is the perfect treat anytime of day!
Have you ever had what they call an energy bite? I mean those little, sugar-packed bites of goodness that are meant to be eaten before a workout or mid-afternoon to give you an extra energy boost?
Well, I have and they are so good, obviously since they are packed with sugary deliciousness.
So, of course, I had to come up with my own version. Enter in my Chocolate No-Bake Energy Bites that my kids go crazy for.
These came out so good and the kid’s reaction said it all! They devoured them and the word they used to describe them was “Insane”.
They were pretty amazing and would be the perfect rush of sugar and protein right before a workout. Mission accomplished!
The best part of all is that this recipe only requires 4 ingredients. Yay! It’s amazing to me that you can create such delicious little treats with so few ingredients. But it works!
If you also like easy dessert recipes check out my Healthy 7 Ingredient Fudgy Brownies.
Why you will love this no-bake energy bite recipe
- Easy, easy, easy dessert you can make in no time at all!
- 4 ingredients!
- Vegan + Gluten-Free dessert everyone will love!
- These can be stored for up to 5 days and are the best little sweet treat.
Ingredients needed to make this recipe
How to make chocolate no-bake energy bites
- Make Mixture. Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix well to combine.
- Roll into balls. Using wet hands, roll the mixture into 12-15 even size balls and place them onto a parchment paper-lined tray or dish.
- Chill the energy bites. Place into the fridge and chill for about 25-30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips. Place the chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl and heat them in 30-second intervals in the microwave, stirring in between until fully melted. This takes 60-90 seconds. Expert Tip: You want to take them out once 90% of the chips are melted, then stir the rest and let them melt. This will help prevent the chocolate from burning.
- Dip the energy bites. Remove the energy bite from the refrigerator and dip each into the melted chocolate to fully cover them and place them back onto the tray or dish. Sprinkle each with a little sea salt.
- Chill one more time. Place them back into the refrigerator to chill and harden for another 15-20 minutes.
- Serve. Remove and enjoy it!
Chill a little more to let the chocolate harden and then devour them!
Can you freeze energy balls?
These energy balls can be easily frozen. Once they have chilled enough for the chocolate to harden, you can place them into an airtight freezer friendly container and store them in the freezer for up to 2 months.
To defrost, just place them in the refrigerator overnight or on the counter for an hour or so, depending on how warm it is in your environment.
Recipe Tips and variations
- To reduce the sugar in these energy bites, you can use sugar-free dark chocolate chips.
- Creamy almond butter works in place of the peanut butter.
- Add in extras like raisins, dried cranberries, or even shredded coconut.
- To make them all even in size, use a small ice cream scoop when rolling the mixture into balls.
- You can store these in the freezer for up to 2 months or fridge for up to 5 days, if they last that long!
- If the mixture is not forming into balls, then add in a little bit more peanut butter and maple syrup. It also helps if you wet your hands a little bit when rolling the mixture into balls.
Here are some other healthy no-bake desserts you may also enjoy
- Easy No-Bake Buckeye Balls
- Healthy Monster Cookie Energy Bites
- Vegan Chocolate Mousse
- Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Healthy Chocolate Protein Shake
- Easy Dairy-Free Banana Ice Cream
I hope your try this recipe. If you do, then please leave a rating and comment below.Print