Have you ever had what they call an energy bite? I mean those little, sugar-packed bites of goodness that are meant to be eaten before a workout or mid-afternoon to give you an extra energy boost? Well, I have and they are so good, obviously since they are packed with sugary deliciousness.
So, of course, I had to come up with my own version. Enter in my Easy, No-Bake Chocolate Dipped Energy Bites. These came out so good and the kid’s reaction said it all! They devoured them and the word they used to describe them was “Insane”. They were pretty amazing and would be the perfect rush of sugar and protein right before a workout. Mission accomplished!
The best part is I only used 4 ingredients which is a super big bonus in my book. It’s amazing to me that you can create such delicious little treats with so few ingredients. But it works! If you also like easy dessert recipes check out my Healthy 7 Ingredient Fudgy Brownies.
Ingredients I used in these little treats:
- Peanut butter
- Chocolate chips (mini and regular)
Mix it all together.
Roll the mixture into tiny little balls using a small ice cream scoop and wet hands. It works like a charm every time. Using the ice cream scoop and wet hands method.
Aren’t they the cutest? You can certainly stop here and eat them this way but I prefer dipping them in the chocolate. But that’s just me, you do you.
Then you just let them chill out (literally) in the fridge for a couple of hours before you dip them in dreamy melted chocolate. Oh yes!!!
Let them chill a little while longer, like 25-30 minutes so the chocolate hardens and …..They turn into little nuggets of oatmeal, peanut butter, and chocolate goodness!
Chocolate Covered Energy Bites
- Sheet Pan
- Mixing Bowl
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- pinch of salt
- 12 oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Place the oats, peanut butter honey, mini chocolate chips and pinch of salt into a medium-size mixing bowl and stir with a rubber spatula to combine all of the ingredients.
- Using a small ice cream scoop and wet hands, roll the mixture into 12-15 balls. Place the balls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place them in the fridge to chill for 2 hours.
- To melt the chocolate, place the chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between until the chocolate chips are fully melted.
- Place the melted chocolate into a glass or glass measuring cup (makes it easier for dipping). Using your fingers or two spoons, dip each energy bite into the chocolate and place back onto the parchment-lined baking sheet. Continue until you have dipped all of your energy bites.
- Chill the dipped energy bites in the fridge for 25-30 minutes. Serve and ENJOY!!!
- These store perfectly in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Vegan option: Swap the honey and use maple syrup.