Indulge in these guilt-free crispy air fryer egg rolls made with no extra oil or deep frying. These homemade egg rolls are better than take-out and cook in just 10 minutes for the best easy weeknight meal everyone will love!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 pint shiitake mushrooms chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions (aka green onion)
- 2 cups broccoli slaw – I used organic store-bought
- 1/2 pound ground turkey (I used 93/7)
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 12–14 egg rolls wrappers – I used Nasoya brand
- Make the filling. Heat up a large skillet or wok with olive oil over medium heat and stir in the ginger and garlic paste. Then add in the mushrooms and scallions. Toss and cook until the mushrooms are soft. Then add in the slaw and toss and cook for a few more minutes. Move the veggies to the side of the pan then add the ground turkey along with the Tamari, fish sauce, and sesame oil. Toss and cook that all together until the meat is no longer pink. Set aside to cool.
- Assemble the egg rolls. Lay out an egg roll wrapper on a flat surface with one corner towards you. Dip your finger in water and run it around the edges. Add 1-2 tablespoons of filling in the lower half of the wrapper and fold the corner closest to you over the filling. Continue to roll the wrapper away from you until you reach the edge, then fold and seal the ends (see the photos in the post how I did it). Continue assembling the egg rolls until you have used all of the filling. This recipe makes 12-14 egg rolls.
- Air Fry: Preheat the air fryer (if needed) to 400 degrees F. Once it is ready, spray the air fryer basket with olive oil spray and place the egg rolls in a single layer (not overlapping) into the air fryer basket. Spray them all with more olive oil spray. Close and cook for 6 minutes. Then flip them over, spray them with more olive oil spray and cook them for 4-5 more minutes. You may need to do this in batches.
- Serve: Enjoy warm with your favorite dipping sauce. See dipping sauce suggestions below.
- Use good quality ingredients like grass-fed meat, organic veggies and good egg roll wrappers (Like Nasoya).
- Don’t skip the fish sauce! This is the umami ingredient that really ties all of the flavors together.
- While you are assembling the egg rolls, keep the assembled ones on a clean plate covered with a damp paper towel to prevent them from drying out.
- Make sure not to overfill the egg rolls or they may crack. I used about 1-2 tablespoons of the egg roll filling in each one and it was the perfect amount.
- Roll and seal them pretty tightly so they don’t break open while cooking.
- Spray them with olive oil spray before and during cooking. This will get them super crispy and is still so much less oil than frying.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Healthy Dinner Ideas
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: air fryer egg rolls, homemade egg rolls, egg rolls in the air fryer, egg rolls