I don’t know about you all but I have been on the search for delicious homemade bread recipes that are easy (the easier the better), quick, delicious and full of good for you ingredients. I have tried many recipes, some were pretty good but in the long run too much work and quite frankly recipes I would most likely not make again due to the amount of effort. Well, with many tests and some thoughtful thinking around ingredients and technique, I believe this recipe is my WINNER! My Buckwheat Flour and Chia Seed Bread! Only a few simple ingredients and it took minutes to prepare and only 35-40 minutes in the oven and it was done and so TASTY!
I am so excited to share this Buckwheat Flour Chia Seed Bread recipe with you all! I cannot wait to see what you think of it! But first let me of course give you a little tidbit of information on the “Good for you” ingredients contained in this recipe since that it always my main goal, nutritious but also delicious!
Buckwheat Flour: Made from 100% whole grain buckwheat and contains great sources of fiber, magnesium and plant based protein. It has been known to lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease due to it’s phytonutrients that protect against disease.
Chia Seeds: Known to be one of the healthiest foods on the planet, Chia Seeds come from a plant called ” Salvia Hispanic”, related to Mint. They are known to provide sustainable energy and are a great source of Omega 3-fatty acids among so many other health benefits:
- Good fat (Omega 3s)
- 1.5 cups Buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup Chia seeds, soaked in 4 TBS Water for about 10 minutes
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 TBS each of: Garlic powder, Onion powder, Dried Basil, Dried Oregano
- 2 TBS Olive oil
- 3/4 cup lukewarm water
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor and pulse until combined.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan, spread evenly and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, increase the oven temperature to 400F degrees and bake for another 10 minutes to get a nice crispy crust on the outside.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. So good!
- I added a nice spread of vegan butter on mine and it was heaven.
- To store: Wrap any leftover bread in parchment paper and store in an airtight container for up to 4 days. To reheat, just place a slice in the microwave or toaster oven since it tastes best warm.
- You can also mix up the spices based on what you have on hand. Enjoy!!!