Cute veggie packed, bite size delights that even kids can love!
These Cucumber Goat Cheese Bites are the perfect addition to the new year! Now that we are in full swing in 2018 and starting to re-energize and boost our healthy eating habits, I have been working on creating snacks like this one that satisfy even picky eaters like my kiddos, and can be pulled together quickly with ingredients I typically have in my fridge.
That is how this idea was formed. My kids love cucumbers and I am always trying to get them to choose a vegetable and fruit with each meal so I figured, cucumber, cheese, sweet cherry tomatoes in a bite size snack would be a home run. Plus it could also be a fun and easy appetizer to serve for a party. Well, it ended up working better than I thought. My kids plus my nieces and nephew loved these as well as my parents and my husband. So I call that a double home run! Is that a thing? It is for me anyway.
They took literally minutes to make and look how cute they are! I love food that looks pretty since we all eat with our eyes and kids eat with their senses as we are trying to get them eat new foods, prepared in new way so this totally works on all fronts.
How I made them
All I did was slice the cucumber, hollow out the inside by removing the seeds and filled each one with soft, herbed goat cheese and topped each one with a sliced cherry tomato. Love it! So easy.
- 2 medium size cucumbers
- 8 oz soft, herb goat cheese
- 10 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Place the goat cheese on the counter to soften.
- Slice the cumbers into 1 1/2 inch slices. Using a small spoon, remove the seeds from each cucumber slice, making a nice bed for the goat cheese.
- Using a piping bag or spoon, fill each cucumber slice with a dollop ( I used about a tsp for each) of the goat cheese and top with a slice of cherry tomato. It's that easy!
- Plate and serve.
- I covered these and stored them in my fridge for 1-2 days and they were great to grab as a quick snack over the holiday break!