These 3 Ingredient Cucumber Goat Cheese Bites are the perfect addition to the new year! Now that we are in full swing in 2019 and starting to re-energize and boost our healthy eating habits, I have been working on creating snacks like this one that satisfy even picky eaters like my kiddos, and can be pulled together quickly with ingredients I typically have in my fridge.
My kids love cucumbers and I am always trying to get them to choose a vegetable and fruit with each meal so I figured, cucumber, cheese, sweet cherry tomatoes in a bite size snack would be a home run.
Plus it could also be a fun and easy appetizer to serve for a party. Well, it ended up working better than I thought. My kids plus my nieces and nephew loved these as well as my parents and my husband. So I call that a double home run! Is that a thing? It is for me anyway.
They took literally minutes to make and look how cute they are! I love food that looks pretty since we all eat with our eyes first rght?
How I made them
All I did was slice the cucumber, hollow out the inside by removing the seeds and filled each one with soft, herbed goat cheese and topped each one with a sliced cherry tomato. Love it! So easy.
- 2 large cucumbers
- 8 oz herb goat cheese, softened
- 10 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Peel the cucumber or not but I think they look cute with the stripes.
- Slice the cucumber into 1/4 inch size slices, using a small spoon scoop out the seeds.
- Fill a piping bag or plastic ziplock bag with the softened goat cheese.
- To assemble: Fill each cucumber slice with a dollop of the goat cheese using the piping bag to fill each slice.
- Top each with a slice of the cherry tomato.
- Sprinkle with some chopped dill or any herb you have and ENJOY!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 147 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 3mg Sodium: 109mg Carbohydrates: 25g Fiber: 9g Sugar: 5g Protein: 10g