A Crispy Chickpea Kale Caesar Salad that is hearty, healthy and a meal all on its own. Dark leafy kale and romaine lettuce matched with amazing roasted sweet potatoes and crispy chickpeas, all topped with an amazing creamy tahini dressing. Vegetarian, easily vegan, gluten-free and a perfect meal-prep recipe!
For the salad
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
For the creamy tahini dressing
- Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place the sliced sweet potato rounds onto the baking sheet, drizzle them with 1 tablepsoon olive oil and a sprinkle of kosher salt and black pepper. Toss to coat. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
2. Move the sweet potatoes to one side of the pan and turn them over, then pour the chickpeas onto the same pan on the empty side. Drizzle the chickpeas with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, and paprika and toss to coat them. Return the pan with the chickpeas and sweet potatoes to the oven and continue to roast for another 20 minutes. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes.
3. While the potatoes and chickpeas are roasting you can prep the rest of the salad. Place the shredded kale and romaine into a salad bowl or large rimmed dish, lightly drizzel with olive oil and massage for one minute.
4. To make the dressing: Add all dressing ingredients to the bowl of a food processor or blender and pulse for 30 seconds to combine and emulsify into a creamy dressing.
5. Drizzle some of the dressing onto the greens and lightly toss to coat.
6. Layer in some sliced avocado and the roasted sweet potatoes and roasted chickpeas. Finally sprinkle some of the pumpkin seeds over the entire salad, drizzle on a little bit more dressing, lightly toss and enjoy!
- Switch up the greens. You could swap the kale with spinach or even add in some sliced Brussel sprouts in place of the romaine lettuce. Arugula would also be great in this salad.
- Make this vegan. Simply swap the manchego cheese in the dressing with 1/4 cup cashews that have been soaked overnight in some water.
- Want more toppings? Walnuts, cranberries, sliced red onion or shredded carrots would all be great and add some additional taste and texture.
- Add some more protein. Grilled chicken, crispy tofu, or sliced hard-boiled eggs would add a nice bump in protein to this salad.
- This salad can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Add th sliced avocado when ready to eat.
- Category: Healthy Salads
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Kale Caesar salad, kale salad, tahini dressing, vegetarian salad recipes, crispy chickpeas