Do you like broccoli? I know, most people don’t but it is so good for you so we should all try to get a little more of it in our diet. This Crispy Cheesy Vegan Broccoli will help! Broccoli covered with a dairy-free, flavorful cheesy sauce, baked to crispy perfection and drizzled with lemon to finish it off. YUM!!! You will never look at broccoli the same way again. This is the ONLY way my kids will eat it! Since I am on a mission to get ALL kids and adults to EAT THEIR VEGGIES, I am working very hard to create delicious veggie-forward recipes everyone will want to eat. I love this one since it has the incredible cheesy flavor without all of the fat and dairy. YAY!!!! I actually think it is better than traditional broccoli and cheese and my kids agreed!
So why is broccoli so good for us?
- Low in calories
- Full of essential vitamins and minerals like vitamin B, C and K as well as iron and calcium.
Just to name a few of it’s powerful benefits. Have I persuaded you yet? To eat your broccoli? Once you try this recipe you will be a broccoli lover forever!
All you need to do is chop the broccoli, make the topping, mix it up and bake it to delicious, crispy perfection. Easy as 1-2-3 right? Or is that 4 steps? Anyway, its a very simple recipe that packs a huge punch of flavor.
The topping is just nutritional yeast, garlic powder, chili powder, olive oil, salt and pepper.
When you bake it the filing and the broccoli get nice and crispy and it is sooo good!
- 4 cup chopped broccoli florets - fresh not frozen
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Place broccoli into a medium size mixing bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the nutritional yeast, garlic powder, chili powder, olive oil, salt and pepper and mix well. Drizzle the juice of half of the lemon on the broccoli and then add the nutritional yeast mixture and toss.
- Place the broccoli onto a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until the broccoli get's super crispy.
- Remove the broccoli from the oven and drizzle with the juice from the other half of the lemon, add another sprinkle of nutritional yeast seasoning for more intense cheesy flavor.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 80 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 0.7g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 24mg Carbohydrates: 7.1g Fiber: 3.3g Sugar: 1g Protein: 5.7g