I don’t know about you but my kids LOVE French fries and anything related to something crispy and potato based that they can dip in ketchup like these stunning Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries. Right?
So the holiday weekend is coming to an end but I have to say that it was pretty awesome! A full day of cooking and prep, then hosting my first Thanksgiving in my new house with a ton a family and friends, followed by three glorious days with my kids and the hubby. I literally have zero complaints and I am actually looking forward to the week ahead. Although, I am in full Christmas holiday spirit and that certainly helps!
To end our epic 4-day-holiday weekend I decided to test this sweet potato french fry recipe that has been on my list ever since I bought my crinkle cutter. What is a crinkle cutter you ask? Well, it is the amazing type of cutting tool that makes anything you cut it with have these super cute ridges. I use it most of the time to cut veggies when I am trying to entice my kids to eat them, but here I decided to use it to make these glorious French fries.
It was super simple to do and I even left the skin on since that is where most of a sweet potatoes nutrition comes from. Anything to pack extra nutrients into my babies, even in the form of French fries. Ha ha!
So cute right?
After I cut them, I just drizzled them with a little olive oil, salt and pepper and baked them in the oven for about 35 minutes and they were perfect!
I thought a lot about this recipe and the actual techniques to use to get that crispy and crunchy taste that a traditionally fried version yields and I believe I have accomplished that right here with this recipe! Please try it and let me know in the comments below how it worked out for you!
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 425F degrees.
- Wash the sweet potatoes and then cut each in half and slice into french fries with a crinkle cutter if you have one or a sturdy chef's knife.
- Put the sweet potatoes in a medium size mixing bowl and drizzle with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Lay the fries in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes, turning over halfway to ensure all sides get fully crispy.
- Once cooked and nice and crispy, remove from the oven, spray with some olive oil cooking spray and drizzle with sea salt.
- So good!!!