Yummy Creamy Avocado Pesto Zoodles!!! Avocado Pesto mixed with nutrient-rich zucchini noodles (aka zoodles) all come together nicely in this low-carb gluten-free zoodle bowl. Super easy 15 minute lunch or dinner any day of the week.
Creamy Avocado Pesto Zoodles Bowl LOVE all day! This bowl of goodness is kind of my whole world right now. I cannot believe how delicious and EASY this was. The perfect lunch or dinner ready in 15 minutes! A little treat mid-afternoon while the kids are at school growing their little minds and mommy is at home working her heart out? Yes please!
Zingy pesto mixed with creamy ripe avocado poured over sautéed zucchini noodles (aka zoodles) and topped with freshly ground black pepper. YUM! YUM! I mean who doesn’t love a noodle bowl right? But we don’t always need all of those carbs so let’s sub in some veggies in place of the noodles and we can enjoy away without feeling heavy or guilty afterwards.
The making of this Avocado Pesto Zoodles Bowl
How do you make zoodles?
With zucchini of course! Literally in minutes with a spiralizer that costs like $20 or less. Pretty much one of the best inventions for the kitchen ever! My six year old is really into helping me do this and even said, “Mommy did you just make spaghetti out of veggies?” Yes, honey I did! Pop the zucchini into the spralizer and crank away.
Then I just whipped up my PRESTO PESTO and added in some creamy ripe avocado and it was so luscious and dreamy.
Matched the zucchini noodles (aka zoodles) with the pesto and it was just the BEST noodle bowl EVER!
Can you make this ahead and store it in the fridge?
From my experience, this is really more of a make it and eat it kind of a dish since it does not store well due to the avocado. The good news is you can make it in literally 15 minutes when you are in need of a super quick and healthy lunch or dinner. The Easy Homemade Pesto without the avocado can be made ahead and stores well for a few days. This recipe makes 4 servings or 2 servings for very hungry people or your ultra-running husband (aka mine).
Is zucchini good for you?
Yes! Zucchini has no fat, it’s super low in carbs, contains a bunch of vitamins like B6, C and K, is anti-inflammatory and delicious! One of my favorite ways to eat it is in dishes like this in place of noodles or just roasted in the oven.
I hope you LOVE this dish as much as my husband Matt and I did!
Check out some of my other “Pesto inspired” recipes
- 3 large zucchini
- 1 batch of my Presto Pesto or 1 cup of store-bought pesto
- 2 ripe avocados
- salt and pepper
- 1 small lime (optional)
- Using a spralizer, spralize the zucchini noodles and place them into a large mixing bowl sprinkle with some salt and set aside.
- Make the PRESTO PESTO if not using store-bought. Any pesto will work!
- Place the pesto into a food processor and add the avocado. Pulse until you reach a creamy, thick sauce. Taste and add in a squeeze of lime if needed and some salt. Set aside.
- Heat up a large pan or wolk on the stovetop with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add in the spralized zucchini noodles and toss. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the zucchini noodles are tender and slightly cooked. Remove and add back to the mixing bowl.
- Pour the creamy avocado pesto on top of the zoodles and toss to combine the zoodles with the sauce.
- Serve, top with some cracked black pepper and ENJOY!
This dish does not store well due to the avocado but you can make the PRESTO PESTO in advance and store it in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 290 Total Fat: 34g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 25g Cholesterol: 13mg Sodium: 220mg Carbohydrates: 11g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 2g Protein: 7g