As I have been working on my baking skills (which were seriously lacking), I have attempted to make pretty simple desserts to start and then build up from there. What I have learned the most is the precise measuring and steps that you need to follow to ensure the end result is acceptable and of course as delicious as expected! You really cannot take shortcuts. Trust me on this one.
This recipe met all of my expectations and only required a few steps and a few ingredients that most of us have in our pantry and fridge this time of year. Basically, flour, baking powder, butter, sugar, cranberries, nuts and a few other ingredients. So easy and right up my alley with the sweet and tart combination of flavors. Something to consider making for the holidays.
I know, I say that most of my recipes are good for entertaining or for the holidays but they truly are. I cook in bulk and volume a lot since my husband and family require lots of good, healthy food and I need to constantly be cooking to keep up with their eating habits and needs. My strategy to get them to consume healthy food rather than take out is to always have a variety of dishes made and ready to eat in the fridge. That includes desserts like this one!
These were amazing! Please try them out and let me know what you think.
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 stick of butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups frozen or fresh cranberries ( I used fresh)
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13inch baking dish. I added parchment paper inside the pan to make it easier to transfer to the cutting board to cut once they were baked.
- Using a stand mixer, mix the butter and sugar until light and fluffy and add in the eggs and vanilla and beat until fully mixed into a creamy texture.
- Add in the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until fully combined.
- Fold in the cranberries and pecans.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and bake for 45-50 minutes. Until the top is golden brown.
- Remove and let cool, then cut and dust with the powdered sugar.