Light, fluffy, sweet with a nice smooth glaze to top it all off! A great Sunday breakfast for the whole family to enjoy!
Happy Sunday All! Who’s up for sleeping in, hanging with the kiddos watching cartoons, and scarfing down this semi-indulgent but still healthy breakfast with a perfectly brewed coffee? This girl! The perfect start to any weekend day for that matter, especially during this holiday season. This recipe was fast, easy, and ready as soon as my munchkins woke up and Mommy had already gotten her workout in! Score!
I wanted a special breakfast for my boys today since it is Polar Express DAY! See we are taking them to the actual Polar Express tonight where they get to wear their PJ’s, ride the train, and enjoy singing holiday songs, eating cookies and sipping on hot chocolate. Warms my heart just thinking about how much fun we are all going to have and this special breakfast is a nice teaser for what is to come later in the day!
So here it is in all of it’s glory. The perfect Sunday breakfast for a cold winter day that will warm you up in no time!
- 3 cups of dry oatmeal
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Almond milk
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- Almond milk to thin it out if needed
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Add parchment paper to a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the parchment lined baking dish and bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and whisk until a glaze forms.
- Pour over the baked oatmeal.
- Slice and serve!