I have to be honest, I am not the biggest fan of donuts but these Chocolate Glazed Donuts are the exception. Not because they are not delicious, but because they are not typically the healthiest thing to eat so I just pretty much avoid them all together. Until now…I found this recipe, that I tweaked a little, but it is healthier than your average donut since it uses clean ingredients and it is baked and not fried. Now you can have this delightful treat more often. You’re welcome. Plus it is very easy to make and comes together in about 35 minutes so super fast and easy for us busy mom’s always on the go!
This thing I love the most about this recipe is that it is so easy that even someone that is new to baking (ME!), can do this with no fail. I did use donut pans but you can swap those out for muffin pans and get the same delicious results!
Let’s make these DONUTS!
First you need to mix the dry ingredients then the wet and combine.
Then you need to spray and fill the donut or muffin tin with the batter. I tried this two ways:
I filled a ziplock bag with the batter and cut off the end. It worked pretty well.
I filled a measuring cup with the batter and use that to pour the batter into my pans. That also worked.
Both methods worked so you can choose whichever one works best for you.
Then I just baked them in my preheated oven for 20 minutes and let them cool for a couple of minutes before I dipped them in the glaze.
The kids devoured them and so did the adults so these are defiantly a make again recipe!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons hot water
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees
- Mix the first four Donut ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside
- Mix the remaining wet ingredients.
- Combine the wet with the dry ingredients. Do not over mix.
- Spray the donuts or muffin pans with cooking spray
- Fill the pans with the batter about 3/4 of the way. You can use a measuring cup of ziplock bag with the end cut off to easily fill the pans and then just wipe the edges.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Set aside to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Dip each donut in the glaze and set on a wire rack to set. Take a bite and enjoy!
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix.