Champagne cupcakes to warm you up? Yes please! The winter is fully upon us and it is actually cold here in North Carolina. Apparently colder than it has been in over five years. Nothing new for me of course since I am from CT, but after living here for over a year now 35 degrees actually feels very cold, so I get it. In an effort to warm us all up a bit and create a little treat that can maybe work as a Valentine’s day surprise for someone you love, I have created a fun little cupcake recipe that includes obviously champagne (my fave), gluten-free ingredients as well as dairy free. I wanted to see if I could make a somewhat “healthy” cupcake that would allow you to have a few and not feel guilty about it. Ha ha! Well, these came out great and I am happy to report, they were delicious and the champagne flavor was EVERYTHING!
They are super moist and the hint of champagne makes me feel like I am at a fancy party eating with celebrities so I will take it. The Golden Globes are on tomorrow so there you go! These would be perfect for an award show viewing party for sure!
I have definitely stepped up my baking game in the past few months and I am very proud of these little beauties! My mom’s reaction when she tasted them said it all! She loved them and to me that is like getting nominated for a Golden Globe lol!
- 1 3/4 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs, yolks and whites seperated
- 8 tablespoons vegan butter at room temperature
- 1 cup good Champagne
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, room temperature
- 4 cups powdered cane sugar
- 1/4 cup champagne
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a mini cupcake pan with mini muffin tin liners. I made 24 mini cupcakes and 4 regular size cupcakes since I had some batter left, but you could make larger cupcakes if you want.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, arrowroot powder, baking powder and baking soda together and set aside.
- In a stand mixer or mixing bowl using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add in the coconut sugar and beat more until soft peaks form.
- Add in the egg yolks and butter and mix until combined.
- Slowly add in the champagne and four blend alternating each until everything is incorporated into the batter.
- Fill each cupcake tin about 3/4 of the way and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before frosting.
- Add the butter to a mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer until creamy.
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar and champagne, alternating each as you continue to mix it all together until creamy.
- Once the cupcakes are cooled, frost using a small spatula or icing bag. Enjoy!!!